Light-O-Rama Forums

Time to Retire and Sale Everything...

Roger Leon Forbes

After 20 plus years of doing displays its time to retire and sale, not having someone in the family interested in taking it over and unable to find anyone really interested in doing it, tried to give it away to a couple of churches and other groups for tax write off but again no one wanted to do the work it takes.  I am NOT interested in parting it out a little at a time or sealing just parts, it all goes at one time.  

There are over forty (40) LOR units with lots of spare parts, I know there are 7 or 8 of the 1602 in metal boxes and 10 or 15 of the high amperage units rest are the CTB 16 PC.  All units are in weather prof boxes and all are working with cords.  Have several more that are still in kit form and a couple with no cords I used for spares. 

The last count I took of lights was will over 250.000 with about half LED full wave.  Lights are everything from Holiday, Wal-Mart, Sears, Lowes.  I decorated 5 houses on our street plus yards so you see lots of lights.  Have several hundred wife frames all have lights some have LED's, these frames range from 3 foot to 16 foot tall and are candy canes, Santa's, deer and more.  There are 24 polls 12 foot high with 7 sections, 4 mega trees 5 colors, 12 Holdmen trees, 36 foot Merry Christmas sign, 16 foot Happy Holiday sign, 20 or 30 mini trees.  IT WOULD TAKE A WEEK TO LEST EVERYTHING, YOU JUST NEED TO COME AND SEE.

All power distribution panels also go, have 4 40 breaker boxes built with cords ranging from 20 to 50 feet. Have over 50 Sequeances with bought music. 

Two transmitters, J-poll antennas, one is an EDM with RDS. 

As stated it would take a week to list everything if you are REALLY interested and want to talk let me know and I will forward you my phone number.  

My asking price is a flat $10,000.00, the controllers alone are worth around $6,500.00..

Never really posted a lot of videos but if you go to WJHL TV or WCYB TV you can see some there.  I do have some I can forward alone with pictures. 

I'm sure people will miss you. It's always said when a great display goes dark. And from looking at your display I would love to be that luck buyer,but there is no way I could afford it and I don't have that much yard.

Good luck

And best wishes on you future ventures

Mike

Too rich for me for the entire lot, but if you decide to part it out there are some things that I am interested in.

Mr. P., May part out later but would really like to clear up my 4 buildings of things, looked last night and there are 20 plus arches ranging from 8 to 12 foot, over metal stars from 24 inchs up to 6 feet each.  Like I said it will take a big truck to haul it all.  Have one 16 x 24 foot building with nothing except lights and wire. 

Oh, very tempting.  Yet, too rich for my blood too.  And a place to store that!  My wife would kill me.  You're in TN and I'm in CO.  That's tough.  Wish I was closer to you.

And, I know a church (in Colorado) that might be interested in some of it (if not most), for a tax-write off, easily.

Edited by rhino

Thanks all for all the notes, I have gotten several emails about wanting some controllers and other things.  If I decide to break things up and sale off I will post and answer all emails.  I did spend a couple of hours looking thru some of the things and will add a better list in a few days but found 16 12 foot arches, 8 10 foot arches, 10 8 foot arches, 25 shooting stars on 3/16 steal cable, 1000 foot of rope lights (LED), 24 6 foot candy canes, 12 6 foot Santa's frames, 12 6 foot candle frames, one set of Santa and Deer wire frame that is 16 foot high and 12 foot wide, several thousand spare C-9 and C-7 with sockets on SPT2 wire.  10,000 Icicle  are red, white, blue, green on 12 foot PVC pipe for hanging on gutter edge, two large rolls of spt2 and spt1, think they are 5000 foot rolls one person can not move them, I bought them at a action at Tangle Wood a few years ago.  4 large candle frames about 16 foot tall, 16 Holdman trees red, white, blue, green.  16 8 foot trees, 4 white, 4 blue, 4 red, 4 green.  Life size wood cut out native set up with 16 peaces.  50 or 60 blow molds of different types some are 25 years old some are new, have one Santa that stands around 6 foot tall that was used in the original  movie "Miracle On 24th Street",  24 mini trees and a large box of frames for mini trees.  After counting there are 42 controllers in boxes wired and ready, 8 spare controllers not wired but new in box.  3 transmitters of different types with coax and antennas.  Several thousand feet of cat-5 cable with ends also 4 boxes of cat-5 cable and cramping tools and ends.  Unable to count all the lights and spare things, if you have been at this a while you know how much you gather up over 20 years and set back thinking I will use that sometime but never get around to it. Again I will let everyone know if I deside to break it up, but its a lot of work to do that and the shipping would be next to impossible for a lot of the things.  I will say this it is going to take a really big truck or trailer to haul all that is here

• The topic was locked