Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing channels into an existing sequence

dkunesch

I went and took a sequence from last year, added the 16 DMX channels, and then exported the whole thing as a template.  I did not use vegomatic but I can now import all the channels into a new musical sequence and then go back and copy and paste the old sequence back into it plus add the extra RGB sequence.  So far that has been the easiest for me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Still learning!  Have a question, Trying to merge (copy & paste) a tract (sequence) into a totally different sequence thus adding the new tract/channels into a different track and also keeping those original channels.  Just confused the heck out of myself!

Basically merging two different sequences together I guess.

Is this even do able?

Any help is appreciated.

Thx.

Randy

You can copy and paste pretty easy. Why don't you explain a little better what your trying to do .

Trying to copy and paste from one sequence to another with all the channel information (channel color/name).

To answer your question as to why it worked last year, I will speculate the Internalid numbers between the two files were not duplicated.

And that is why I say it should work again. Been sequencing since 2009 so I completely understand the numbering issues. None of the channels, circuits, universes and channels within were duplicated. They were not last year either.

Look in the first pic;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44091030/Screenshot%202015-11-05%2019.35.34.png

If you look midway down the in the sequence you will see a group call "Windows".

Now look at the second one;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44091030/Screenshot%202015-11-05%2019.36.03.png

You will see a added RGB channel at the top. That is one 48 RGB channel (144 separate channels)  pixel snowflake that was added. Now look below that. You will see several "Window" channels. They mention (Red), (Green) and (Blue).  That is the windows grouping that was taken apart from being in a group AND RGB channels. Also you will notice the top part of the sequence doesn't exist anymore. NONE had dup channels.

Been using import for YEARS. This has not happened behavior has not happened before. I am using Bob's "Vegomatic" to put together the channels so I don't have to go and hand input 1 and half universes of numbers.

So hopefully this all makes sense. All I am saying is that it worked last year with s3.

If you using S4 then you don't need to use vegomatic anymore, just right click, add device and click Dmx universe, select number of pixels and done