Light-O-Rama Forums

Import visualization of two props to SS

Gilles

I created a tree with star on top, similar setup to 24x25Tree_8RowGlobe in the samples.  When I import the visualization to SS, the grids for star is vertical and grids for the tree is horizontal OR vice versa.  What did I do wrong ?

email the visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

The visualization file will end with .lee and will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor

I took a look at your visualization and it is importing as designed.

The design is that the grid is either vertical or horizontal. It can't be a mixture.

I personally like the matrix to be left of the star. In the comment line of the star you have "superstar myorder matrix". Change that to "superstar matrix" and the star will be put on the right hand side of the matrix.

Also, I noticed that you made you tree start at the left and go clockwise. This means the first strings are on the back side of the tree, and the last strings are on the front. Myself, I like to go counterclockwise so that the first strings are on the front. But that is a matter of personal taste. The only issue there would be is if you want to share sequences with others, and the others should have the tree go clockwise as well.

Thanks Brian

I've just email you but I'll post it here in case anyone has the same question. 

I've done as you suggested.  Now is there a way to separate the grids of these two props, for easier to identify them.  It is a bit hard to tell them apart as you see here

post-14040-0-94904700-1446515337_thumb.j

In the prop containing the tree, click on the superstar button and select "Force superstar row/column" and set row to 1 and column to 1

In the prop containing the star, click on the superstar button and select "Force superstar row/column" and set row to 1 and column to 34

Thanks

Now I have a new problem.  Because these two groups of grids are side by side, my spiral is going through the startop.  Is there a way to move startop to the top or the bottom ? 

post-14040-0-50694000-1446565058_thumb.j

Yes, if you are going to use wrap around mode then you want the star to be horizontal. But your tree has 32 strands, and for wrap around mode you need the width of the sequencing grid to be 32 so that wrap around will work correctly.

If we put your star horizontal then it's width cannot be greater than 32. And if its width is less than 50 it would be hard to sequence. So the better option is to keep it vertical and put it above the tree. Or you could sequence the star separately.

What is needed is the ability to have multiple sequencing grids and then you could the tree in one grid and make it wrap around, and put the star in another grid. I would like to do that next year, but this year we have to work with what we have.

I think the best option is to put the star above the tree. To do this, click on the superstar button for the star prop and set row=1, column=1 

click on the superstar button for the tree prop and set row=51, column=1. Or if you want a space between them, set row=52. column=1

And when you import the visualization set the sequencing grid "Max Length" to 80.

The squares on the grid are going to be small now. You should be Ok if you have a large monitor or have to monitors. You can click on the view menu and select "floating windows" and that may help you to make the window for the grid larger.