Light-O-Rama Forums

Change universe Numbers

John (oldandslow)

I have 3 strings of pixels that I need to change the universes that they are assign to, to a different number, is there a easy way to do this without doing each pixel by hand?

Thanks John (oldandslow)

I tried this but it will not let me put in a new universe. It says do you want to change controller and I click on yes and nothing happens.

This is a dmx universe

It should change the universe number.  What do you mean that nothing happens? For example, when I click on "Yes" in that dialog, the dialog disappears.  Does that happen?

If not, it may simply be that it's doing its thing, but hasn't completed yet.

I changed a bunch of mine this year and it worked fine - both LOR and DMX universe.  I'm doing this part from memory, but as I recall, they only thing you can't change from there is LOR network.  I had a bunch of that to do because I had to separate controllers that can use enhanced networks from those that can't (I have one network of each for my year round landscape lighting).

Since I tried this and missed a step the first time:

Tools --> Channel Configuration --> Change Controller.  Click on the Universe you want to change --> Click on the pull-down (downward arrow) and select the new universe  (This is the step I missed the first time) --> Click OK.  If you don't change that number it changes the Universe number back to what it already was and it appears no change was made.

• Like 1

I changed a bunch of mine this year and it worked fine - both LOR and DMX universe.  I'm doing this part from memory, but as I recall, they only thing you can't change from there is LOR network.  I had a bunch of that to do because I had to separate controllers that can use enhanced networks from those that can't (I have one network of each for my year round landscape lighting).

You should be able to change the network (for an LOR device).  Might you have "List networks in channel configuration" turned off (on the "Misc" tab of Network Preferences)? That disables or even hides some network configuration stuff; I haven't tried it recently, but maybe this is one of them.