Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb RGB props in PE

Robert Burton

Can you do butterfly, colorwash and other effects on dumb rgb props?  I know it would not turn out the same. But for example I have 16 mini trees (with 50 bulb spokes out to ...kind of like a grid), gutter strips, roof strips, rgb floods... all are "dumb". I was hoping to do some "kind of like" effects on them with PE. In other words if I put a butterfly effect on my pixel tree, then do some of the rainbow washes over those "dumb" items. Or even "bar effects" over them as well. Is that possible in PE?

Can you sequence things like RGB floods in PE? Sure, but probably just using the colorwash effect. Where it gets interesting is when you combine those dumb RGB elements into "prop groups". You can even have prop groups that include both dumb RGB and pixel props. Now you can apply all of those fun effects to the prop group and do some really cool things - like whole house wipes!

Matt

Ok. Just had a light bulb moment though Matt.  Maybe this is possible in PE. Just not familar enough with it. I had a pixel tree setup last year from "Vegomatic" and would copy xlights stuff to it. So this year I made a .lpf of some Papagayo stuff and some other effects. Honestly just butterfly and galaxy (I think). I wanted the same colors and type of effects on my dumb pixels.  So as I was going to get some timing from my pixel tree (that I had already sequenced in xlights), I took it down to the pixel to see all the info I needed!  There are the single rgb colors I needed to match up what was going on in the pixel tree. Copy some different lines to the gutter strips, roof strips, flood lights and I am good to go!

Again not sure if that is available down to the pixel in PE after I sequence something or not. Yes. It is a colorwash. Maybe I am going about it the wrong way. Will still get the same effect.