Light-O-Rama Forums

Has the latest version of Light O rama fixed the video bug on repeat?

texmaster

Hi Folks,

I'm a few versions back and I was curious if the video bug was fixed when the sequence repeats the video shrinks down from full screen.

This is partiuarly bothersome since I run this off a projector and it keeps me tethered to the laptop when the sequence is about to repeat I have to re-expand the video box to full screen.

Are you using two monitors because I have been running videos for five years and I don't have that problem so I don't think it's a bug in the sequencer program

Are you using two monitors because I have been running videos for five years and I don't have that problem so I don't think it's a bug in the sequencer program

No I'm using the laptop to run the show and run the video.  This was a point of conversation back in 2013.   People were having trouble as I have running full screen on the video only to see it shrink when the sequence repeated.

In the sequence editor do you have video selected to full screen

I didn't know that was a setting.  Where is it?

Go to "View" then "Video."  Last option in the drop down list.

Oh yes I know where that is its when the sequence is running in a schedule and loops is when it drops back to being small at the end of the sequence when it repeats.

Does anyone have an answer to this?    Basically when I run our sequence and it repeats the animation shrinks into the upper left corner despite the settings being full screen and I have to tap the screen to get it to go back to full screen at each repeat.

This is what it looks like when it repeats

20151028_183946_zpsdhddy8wj.jpg

Edited by texmaster

Try this in the sequencer go to EDIT   than  PREFERENCES     than   VIDEO preferences   check display video  check use full screen  than click on full screen monitor and follow instructions on select screen

• 1 month later...

I am also having this problem

I have Pro edition version 4.1.2 running under Windows 10

I have four monitors one of which is used to connect a video projector for my show

I haven’t used video in a show for many years but decided I will this year

When running my show everything works fine for the first 55 seconds but after this the projector or the monitor depending on what is plug-in reduces from a full-screen to a small (restore down) window in the top right hand corner with the rest of the window showing my desk top

if I attempt to maximise the screen whilst running the show the window does maximise but you can still see all the icons at the bottom of the screen and it runs perfectly okay till the end then when the next sequence starts one of two things happen the whole show stops and the status window comes up with two lines of Japanese writing and the whole show starts up again from the beginning, or (happens rarely) when I maximise the video window the sequence plays to the end and then repeats that sequence over and over again even though the status window shows me that it is working its way through all the sequences I have programmed in.

If I leave everything alone the whole show works fine and after 55 seconds of full-screen video it restores down to the small window every time

I have under video preferences ticked display video and ticked use full-screen mode and I have selected various monitors on my computer several times without fixing the above problem

this is happening when I just use the play back on the sequence with out running a show

I have checked the full video ( if you don't the video starts in the small screen)

I have uninstalled the other monitors and still have the problem