Light-O-Rama Forums

Somehow PE lost a color

Sully

I created a sequence awhile ago, about 2 months ago actually. I have RGB arches going with blue/purple/white, the colors appear fine in PE but do not show at all in Visualizer anymore. What's odd is they did a few days ago, nothing was changed on the sequence. I even went into PE resaved and redid intensity data and nothing, the color purple is totally gone in visualizer. I don't get it...this sequenced has worked for months and now isn't working right? What could possibly be wrong? I'm pretty bummed I have to resequence my arches now because of this....hopefully this issue isn't something that's going to plague me and colors just start becoming lost between PE and SE.......

Also why does PE butterfly effect not utilize the first pixel at all? It simply colors the first pixel red, I've tried everything and nothing changes it, the first pixel remains red, rendering the effect useless.

Edit: Found my issue, I turned pixel dimming curve on for my pixel displays in PE. Well it seems when that is on only certain colors work, turned it off and purple is back, with it on purple is black.

Edited by Sully

When deciding whether to use a dimming curve or not, it is best to evaluate the results on the actual lights, not on what PE or the Visualizer show you on your computer screen.

Matt

When deciding whether to use a dimming curve or not, it is best to evaluate the results on the actual lights, not on what PE or the Visualizer show you on your computer screen.

Matt

That's what I did, the sequences ran fine on all the displays before until tonight they didn't fire off the colors and appeared to be off. I then noticed dimming curve was set to pixel and changed it to none and my pixels came on with the right colors. Set it back to pixel dimming curve and the pixels went off again.

Also when sequencing I'm losing effects to my props, I can cut and paste a effect it'll work once but not again, not sure why it happens but it's been seeming to happen a lot since 4.2.6 upgrade. Anyhow here's a short video showing that issue: 

https://youtu.be/xD9iJ9RM9hk

You have the Repeat Mode for those curtain effects set to "once at speed". This means run the effect one time at the rate set by the speed setting. Your video shows the correct result for that setting. Try changing Repeat Mode to "repeat at speed". If you try "once fit to duration", you will see one curtain open or close takes the full 4 seconds of your effect length.

Matt