Light-O-Rama Forums

Testing 1.31 without any LOR Controllers

CK57

So I have loaded the new 4.6 software and wanted to test out a new 1.31 controller without having any LOR controllers hooked up.  I do have a USB connected, and the Comm listener has accepted.

When I go to play the sequence the red box is still showing up in bottom right corner, and nothing is going out.

Control the lights is on.

Also noted that when I play all controls go grey in the control bar.  Only way to stop sequence is open the play drop down and find the stop.  Also noted that normal screen display I have one row of buttons showing.  If I minimize the screen, and it goes to two rows I can see a red stop box?  Is this something new or something setup wrong?

Did you set up the e1.31 controller in the "network preferences" I have (3) e1.31 controllers. I have each of them set up with its own static IP address. So I know what controller controls each universe. DON'T connect it to a USB adapter. It should be plugged in directly to your ethernet port or a simple network switch (if you have multiple e1.31 controllers) get the "xLights" utility to be able to test each universe with the rgb or strip (smart or dumb) hooked up. Utilize the "command prompt" to PING the controller to see if the computer recognizes the devise and can send a signal that the controller can receive.

I have two other 1.31 controllers and 16 LOR units and three separate USB adapters using 3 networks plus 1.31.  All there of ip addresses are set in LOR along with all the universe information.  I can ping the controllers and have set them up, tested with there own test software.  I use a switch for the 1.31 networks also.  Been at this for 9 years and still a challenge with new software every year.  Some of the issues such as blacked out screen view of stop button are not related to 1.31 issues.  

I was able to get it running buy had to have all three of my USB's connected that are used in the sequence, and have the control panel opened.  Evidently no outputs to 1.31 without the control panel running?  Still don't have a clue why I cannot see the stop button in the control bar though?

• 1 month later...

The Trick to getting LOR to run E1.31 without any LOR USB dongles attached is to remove ALL of the LOR dongles from the network preferences window.

And yes, the control Panel Needs to be running to get any output to lights.

• Like 2