Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega tree

Steelers95

I have a 12 string mega tree each string with 25 pixels. Im only using 6 strings of 50 pixels. I went to setup the mega tree with the tree wizard in the visualizer and then ran the channel wizard, the only problem is string seven starts in one universe and then ends in another so when I go to import it into superstar it doesn't work. How would I go about fixing this problem?

Thank You

Elaborate on what doesn't work. Is it that the pixels don't map to the sequencing grid properly?

If you email your visualization to brian@superstarlights.com I will take a look at it. The visualization file will end with .lee and will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor

I got the visualization, thank you for emailing it.

It looks like you made the visualization with a version of the visualizer that is prior to the most current release. Prior to the current release the visualizer channel wizard would assign channels that are not valid.

In this case you have 25 pixels per bundle, and when it got to bundle 07 it assigned the start of the bundle to Universe 13, channel 151. But there are only 170 pixels in a Universe. And the visualizer always starts a bundle with channel 1. So it assigned the first pixel of bundle 08 to Universe 14, channel 1. So the problem is there is no place for the last 5 pixels of bundle 07.

In superstar, when it uses up the 170 pixels in a Universe, it bumps up to the Next Universe and starts at channel 1. So in this case, it assigned the last 5 pixels of bundle 07 to Universe 14, channels 1-5.

But bundle 08 uses Universe 14 and starts with channel 1 so there ends up being overlap in channel assignments.

The above is a bit hard to follow, but the fix is to make sure you have the most recent version (v4.2.8) and launch the visualizer and use the channel wizard on your tree again, and this time it should assign Universe 14, channel 1 to bundle 07 and it will assign the rest of the bundles properly as well.  Save the file, import to superstar again and it should work.

It makes sense, I figured that was the problem I just wasn't quite sure how to go about fixing it but now I'm about to go and update. Thank you