Light-O-Rama Forums

You all are just wrong!

zvacman

It never gets better, something new always happens, young kids going wow, old men walking in the neighborhood and stopping by in amazement, then the ghastly Halloween covered wagon makes you part of their rounds, last Christmas it was the mystery limo that would come by EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, and already this year we were the front page of the local newspaper!!

We have always done it for the kids but are amazed at all the notoriety!!

I not only have the addiction, I also have a slite case of OCD. I have also spent many nights tring to shut off my head so I could get some sleep. Also new to the forum, I was reading about transmitters. I had already got a whole house transmitter 3.0, and after reading everybodys thoughts, I put in an order for the EDM. The WHT seems to be working fine, alot longer range then advertied, but I would like to dial my range into about 800 ft to 1000 ft. It seems as if it will do the job. Not very good reviews with the WHT.

This is ridiculous guys it's now 11:10 pm ish on a Sunday night and I just got in from making some more tweaks on my Halloween display , if my neighbors catch me I can see the cops coming for being suspicious looking as I crawl through the yard with a flashlight tinkering with my lights! When will the madness end ? Never because Christmas is coming and Halloween is almost over ! That means packing up the Halloween stuff and doing a quick lawn mow ,leaf clean up and gutter clean so the Christmas madness can begin !

My first year was 2013 when I had a broken neck and a halo on my head!  The show wasn't too bad considering my limitations.  Had to take 2014 off since we were packing and moving north to get closer to Santa. Back at it again now at the new home but trying to unpack all of the supplies is a project unto itself!  :wacko:

Welcome to the Blinky Flashy Funny Farm Where Colors Lights, action is part of the culture... Let us know if you would like to book a room for a day, a week or for life., LOL

This is my first year.   Thanks to my brother dying and leaving me nothing but plans and dreams in a note pad.  The wife is now the ex.  the living room looks like Home Depot as well as the garage.  And I am not going crazy just 64 channels and a back up controller.   It is madness in a controlled way.   But if those kids do not smile at least then next year I will be Jewish.....   :)

If you ever feel like this is no longer fun, take a step back or enjoy a year or two off. I do it for my own enjoyment. Who cares what others think?

(Though it is wonderful to see all the cars drive by and people enjoying your display.)

I got totally busted by my wife.  For some reason she is taking more interest in the light display this year.  She came home from running errands way sooner than I thought she would and there I was building C9 light strings.  She says "who does that, who builds Christmas light strings"?  Then she mumbled you're friggin' nuts as she went into the house.  I followed her in and told her I am trying to get ready to do the roof line this weekend.  Then I got the vote of confidence, she says why do the roof line?   You aren't going to have the show ready in time anyway.  I know that's a subliminal message, she pulls the reverse psychology crap on me all of the time.  She knows that if she doubts me I get more determined to prove her wrong.  I'm afraid she might be r,r,r,r,r, right this time. I have more to do than I have time.  The spiral trees are stalled, still can't get the wrap right. The mini trees are built but don't have lights yet.  I don't even have the materials for the arches,, or a solid plan for how to make them.  I'm still tweaking the sequences.  I think I'm screwed.

Insanely yours, Z

A word to the wise. My self excluded. Once you get on this Crazy Train there is no getting off. Semi O O quote.

I'm addicted and I have a very serious problem. My display is growing exponentially. The lady next door likes what I do and our houses aren't very close. She has given me permission to expand on to her lot. (That's about an extra half acre). I'm in some pretty serious doo doo!

I have a half acre in the front Yard, and 2 acres in the back... I thought about some how building a Light Blanket for the horse and letting him roam in a section of the front yard... I can do battery operated Lights... but now how to Connect them to the light system.... ROTFLMAO

I got totally busted by my wife.  For some reason she is taking more interest in the light display this year.  She came home from running errands way sooner than I thought she would and there I was building C9 light strings.  She says "who does that, who builds Christmas light strings"?  Then she mumbled you're friggin' nuts as she went into the house.  I followed her in and told her I am trying to get ready to do the roof line this weekend.  Then I got the vote of confidence, she says why do the roof line?   You aren't going to have the show ready in time anyway.  I know that's a subliminal message, she pulls the reverse psychology crap on me all of the time.  She knows that if she doubts me I get more determined to prove her wrong.  I'm afraid she might be r,r,r,r,r, right this time. I have more to do than I have time.  The spiral trees are stalled, still can't get the wrap right. The mini trees are built but don't have lights yet.  I don't even have the materials for the arches,, or a solid plan for how to make them.  I'm still tweaking the sequences.  I think I'm screwed.

Insanely yours, Z

But then You'll just LOVE IT when your plan comes together!!

Lets see now... A LOR light blanket for a horse... a couple low flow marine batteries in saddle bags,... power inverter,.... wireless LOR connection... 

where there's a will ... there's a way.... and who was it said I have the CLAP to...started last Oct for Halloween with 16 channels... this year Halloween was 80 channel and in the process of growing for next year...