Light-O-Rama Forums

You all are just wrong!

zvacman

A little warning would have been nice. Perhaps a disclaimer at the top of the LOR home page. This isn't a hobby, it's a way of life. Heck, it is my life! The summer sale is like the drug dealer giving out samples. Sure I'll try it, maybe a 32 channel dabble. I've got the lights anyway, after all I've been doing a 50-100,000 light static show for 30 years, How much work can it be? Well if you happen to have miles of extension cords laying around (which I do) and you don't build any props (which I did) and buy the sequences (which I didn't) it probably wouldn't be too bad. I'm now at 80 channels and added 675 dimmable C9 retrofits, 4 mini trees 3 color each, 2 spiral trees 9 feet tall, and 4 arches with 4 channels each. I have sequenced an intro, 4 songs and a closing. I have been out in the man cave (heated, beer fridge, and 50" lcd, poor me right) since the end of August. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for not even an attempt at warning people what's going to happen. I've been reading the forums for a year or more, not once did I see a link to some kind of support group LOR Anonymous or something like that.

All I have to say is thanks! If I knew where this was going to go I probably would have thought about it some more and put it off another year at least. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I wake up in the middle of the night and jot down thoughts and ideas. The arches came to me Tuesday night as I saw my visualizer in my sleep. This is truly a poor mans hobby. No I didn't mistype, this IS a poor mans hobby. You start with money, and when you are done you're poor. I'm loving it! My brain is firing on all 8 cylinders. I'm already looking ahead to next years show. I watch youtube videos of behind the scenes and realize at 5 controllers I'm just a wet behind the ears rookie.

I can only hope that it looks as good in real life as it does on the visualizer.

Insanely yours, Z

• Like 4

Hello, my name is Tom.

I am a LORaholic.  

I lost control 10 years ago and there is still no cure.

Dreams and nightmares still keep we awake at night.

Obsession of fades and shimmers just get worse.

Sequencing gets easier but more intense. 

Just when I think I gain control, there is a sale.

A sale of lights.

A sale of controllers.

Shared videos.

Shared sequences.

New ideas.

More members.

There is just no end to this madness. No cure. No way out.

LOR is a black hole, sucking in everything in sight.

Thank you,

Tom

• Like 2

This is my first year with LOR also. It start with some Leds going out on me,(I was looking on the net), and big box store leds do not hold up with snow and salt spray. I came across plant christmas, LOR, and it was all over. That was in january. I thought 250 for a controler, thats not bad, I will also have to get a computer. Now I have to upgrade my lights, extension cords, etc.  Again my first year with lor, 1- computer, 2-controlers, upgraded software, 150 sets pro-grade leds, 1000 feet spt1, vampire pluges, materials to build holdmans star, with 182 C9s, (turned out great), gave up on sequenceing, so I purchased it, edm transmitter, 7 beat trees, 4 grand later and I know I am nuts. I do have the CLAP.  On the other hand, my show has turned out much bettter then I had hoped. I am glad I found LOR in the beginning of the year, so I have had all year to put this together and pay for it.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Tom LOR is a BLACK HOLE full of people with CLAP. Welcome to the MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z, you beat me to it. It's 4:51 am in Anaheim, CA right now. Last night I went live with my first LOR show (and it was a hit) and I thought finally after 2 months I'll finally get a good night sleep. Boy was I wrong. I've been laying in bed the last 2 hours wondering how many more sequences I can add before Halloween. I need help. lol

Hello, my name is Tom.

I am a LORaholic.  

I lost control 10 years ago and there is still no cure.

Dreams and nightmares still keep we awake at night.

Obsession of fades and shimmers just get worse.

Sequencing gets easier but more intense. 

Just when I think I gain control, there is a sale.

A sale of lights.

A sale of controllers.

Shared videos.

Shared sequences.

New ideas.

More members.

There is just no end to this madness. No cure. No way out.

LOR is a black hole, sucking in everything in sight.

Thank you,

Tom

Hello Tom....

• Like 2

Do you people think for a single moment that any sale we have is for YOUR benefit????  HA!!!

A cheap first taste makes the addiction even stronger!

[evil laugh]

• Like 4

OK so I guess I'll be the one to tell him. As a newbie (like myself) sooner or later you will enter phase II of the insanity. You all know what I'm talking about, the voice, that's right the voice. It happened to me around 2 a.m. after 6 hours of programing, 8 cups of coffee and a half a pack smokes. Now I'm not sure if it was the 8 cups of coffee, the lack of sleep or all the nicotine perhaps it was the combination of all elements but I heard it, If you make them blink they will come. Please tell me I'm not the only one that heard it. Lord help me I can't stop.

Newbie 2014 season 32 channels 21500 Led's

2015 season added 32 channels 3500 Led's 11 inflatables

2016 RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB

Help :(

• Like 1

Do you people think for a single moment that any sale we have is for YOUR benefit????  HA!!!

[evil laugh]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... oh crap..

[evil laugh]

And this is one of those voices that make you fall of the wagon. Just when I thought I escaped the black hole, I hear another voice, have another dream/nightmare. Then comes the coffee and smokes.

BUT, in the evening comes a beer, or two... enjoying the creation I just built. :)

NO... WAIT... STOP IT, STOP IT...

And the journey continues...