Light-O-Rama Forums

Minor Functional Request for PE

OurMikeyRocks

I have a simple request based on my observations in PE 4.2.8..  When I'm working in SE, after coping a cell or block of cells, I can left-click a target upper-left cell and then ctrl-V to paste.  If I want to do this again, a frequent thing, I can simply left-click the next target and ctrl-V, without having to release the ctrl key.  In PE I can't do this because ctrl-left-click seems to be assigned to another function.  My vote would certainly go with the way SE treats a ctrl-left-click so that I don't have to press ctrl, release ctrl, press ctrl, releast ctrl, etc...  Thanks Mikey.

Control-Left-Click has a special function in PE. It allows you to select a region not bounded by the current timing grid. This allows you to place effects where there is no timing mark.

Matt

Yeah, but this goes back to the whole "F Key" debate from a few years ago.

People who have used the software for a while are used to being able to keep the control button pressed in the SE while doing something. I noticed that I had to released the control button when in the PE, and it does take some getting used to. 

The very least a custom key map, like the SE, would be appreciated.