Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple show builder not working

manscan

Hello:  I am badly in need of help.  I am using windows 7 and LOR version 3.12.2.   I have made a 5 musical sequences with video. These work nicely when played thru the sequencer.  I added the shows to the " Simple Show Builder" and they all ran back to back without a problem.

I tried to repeat the performance this evening when it got dark and the shows are not there.  I , once again added the 5 sequences to the " simple show builder" and it only plays one of them, it flashes and flashes and then stops.  That is it. The show will only play the first song and then flashes several times and stops.

I am at a loss?  Can anyone help?

Thanks, Duane

Well, first, if you're not changing anything about your show, you don't have to run it through the Simple Show Builder every time.  You just have to build the show once, and then it can be used thereafter however many times you want.  You only have to use the Simple Show Builder again if you want to change something about the show (such as what sequences are in it, or the order the sequences play in).

Now, as for the problem you're facing: The first thing I'd check is the Status window of the LOR Control Panel.  You can open it up by clicking on the LOR Control Panel's icon (the light bulb in your computer's System Tray).  While your show is running, the status window will show you information about what's happening.  If it has problems playing a sequence, it will give you some information about what the problem is.

So, I'd suggest trying to run your show again, and watch the Status window.  If there's any question about what it's saying is going wrong, you can copy and paste it to this thread, or open up a trouble ticket about it on our help desk .

When you create a show using the Simple Show Builder it will create a default file weeksched.lsc which by default is placed in the LOR sequence folder, when you start the show point to that file as you may be opening the wrong file if you have more then one.

Hello and thanks for your help so far.  Here is what it does. 

1. It plays the first video then, it the screen flashes over and over and then stops.

2. I did what you requested and copied the status window. The window says this 5:49:41 PM Error With Sequence (error playing media file) musical: c://user/ etc..

and it scrolls this message over and over naming each song in the list to play.

Do I need to rebuild these songs again?  Im not sure what the error could be?

Thank you so far for your input.

Duane

Well, first, if you're not changing anything about your show, you don't have to run it through the Simple Show Builder every time.  You just have to build the show once, and then it can be used thereafter however many times you want.  You only have to use the Simple Show Builder again if you want to change something about the show (such as what sequences are in it, or the order the sequences play in).

Now, as for the problem you're facing: The first thing I'd check is the Status window of the LOR Control Panel.  You can open it up by clicking on the LOR Control Panel's icon (the light bulb in your computer's System Tray).  While your show is running, the status window will show you information about what's happening.  If it has problems playing a sequence, it will give you some information about what the problem is.

So, I'd suggest trying to run your show again, and watch the Status window.  If there's any question about what it's saying is going wrong, you can copy and paste it to this thread, or open up a trouble ticket about it on our help desk .

Hello and thanks for your help so far:  Here is what's happening.

I played the status window as you suggested.  I had the sequences playing with the video screen in a small view with the window of the status next to it. This way I could see what was happening when each song ended.  Guess what?  The show played over and over without a hitch.

It was only when I maximized the video playback window it began to to say " Error with playback".

This is really mind boggling!  I have a show in one week at the college. When I maximize the playback window (for the projector's use) the sequences scroll thru each song saying "error in playback".  When I leave the video playback window in the small version the show plays just fine!

Has anyone seen this before?   Anyone have a clue to a fix?  Do I get a new computer? Update LOR to another version? Buy a new laptop? I am using windows 7 and its media player and they are updated.

If I don't get this fixed this week there won't be a show at the college.

Thanks so much for any help. I appreciate it!!

Duane

Am I understanding correctly that you're manually maximizing the video whenever it plays? If so, I'd suggest instead opening up the Sequence Editor, going to the Edit menu, then Preferences, then Video Preferences.  There's an option on there to have it automatically use full screen mode.

Am I understanding correctly that you're manually maximizing the video whenever it plays? If so, I'd suggest instead opening up the Sequence Editor, going to the Edit menu, then Preferences, then Video Preferences.  There's an option on there to have it automatically use full screen mode.

You are a genius !!!  You fixed the problem.  I cannot thank you enough for your help. There is going to be hundreds of happy children at the college who will now see the pumpkins show thanks to you!!!  I had no idea how to fix the problem and you did it. You have my undying gratitude.

Sincerely, Duane

• 11 months later...

Just this year, I upgraded my LOR shows to sync w/video. I originally created the shows on an All-in-One desktop, hoping that I could add a secondary USB video adapter to drive the projector. Didn't work, as it  always would crash when the video was maximized... no matter what video options were selected. One thing I didn't try was enlarging the video window vs. maximizing.

I moved onto attempting to run it off my older Sony Vaio i7 laptop, attaching the projector to the VGA output, whereas I could get the first sequence to play maximized, the following would either minimize, or LOR would crash (not able to process the file..?), even if the LCD was turned off.

I installed LOR onto yet another small CPU (Intel i5 NUC), with only HDMI out. Finally, all the sequences play maximized, however there is short flashing between... I set the wallpaper to black and removed all desktop icons so it is barely noticeable. (Norte: all systems are Win10)

I guess it means that LOR is sensitive regarding video drivers.

Bottom line, ensure you have plenty of time to test your video projections prior to your desired event date.