Light-O-Rama Forums

Did anyone use scanners/moving mirrors this year?

bhays

Guest wbottomley

LightsByGreg wrote:

This year I took rubbermaid boxed, turned them upside down and cut out an opening ...then each one went inside. This protected from direct rain exposure. Then I took each light inside every night. People have discussed using half spheres like the ones covering store security cameras to protect from rain. BHays also made an interesting cover for his light, as well as mikez. I can get you some links if you want....

I liked bhays enclosures but I might change the design a little. Want to find a way to drive rebar in the ground to secure them so they don't grow legs and walk away.

Please do.
I would think some of these items would lend themselves to being elevated throughout the yard. From what I have seen most seem to keep them pointed at their house or under eves to wash the wall in color. I think the possibilities would be endless out in the middle of a yard (if you have a big yard).

I am going to add two more moving heads for this year, so I have to build two more of the enclosures. They worked great this year, no overheating problems at all and no moisture seemed to get inside through several hard downpours.

I am going to move my two current moving heads closer to the house to project gobos and sweep the house as well as the light flurries effect. The two new ones are going to shine into the viewers and sweep the lawn, etc. I plan to elevate them somehow, though...I also have three snow machines that need to get mounted up higher this season, too... so thinking about some sort of towers that could hold the snow machines and moving heads...

Guest wbottomley

I thought about using one of those along with four color splash lights. That would make five dmx fixtures to program for the first year. It might be the most difficult thing to accomplish yet.

Not waiting until July to start programming this year, it has begun now!:D

• The topic was locked