Light-O-Rama Forums

Horizontal Matrix importing in as vertical

Ron Boyd

Got another dilemma, Brian. I sent an email that includes both the row and actual visualizer files. There are four props and using the "Force SuperStar Row/Column" dialogue, the matrix prop will only import into SS as vertical. This happens whether I import in using Vertical or Horizontal. Being a matrix, I needs it to be horizontal for this prop.

Would you mind taking a peek at it and see if I'm missing something simple. I'm sure that's the case, but just need a fresh set of eyes.

Thanks,

Ron

I received the visualizations. I imported it Vertical and I imported it Horizontal and I see the orientation of the hat matrix changes.

The only problem I found was that the order of the rows in the matrix in the row visualization is reversed from the order of the rows in the real visualization. And so when doing a morph from top to bottom, it goes the other direction, bottom to top.

If the orientation is not changing on your computer I would like to remote into your computer and see what is happening.

Brian, we'll need to do that later this afternoon. The pc is not on the work network. After I get home, we can do it if you're available then.

post-7883-0-48728500-1445015669_thumb.jp

Here's a screen cap of how it imports in.

As far as the direction, I forgot to change the row viz to start at bottom left. However, after I changed it to the same as the real, It still does it. The attached photo is after the correction.

The picture you have attached is how it looks on my computer when I set "Vertical" in the "Import Visualization" dialog box.

If I set "Horizontal" in the "Import Visualization" dialog box, then the grid is rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise and is above the visualization.

How does it look on your computer if you set "Horizontal" in the "Import Visualization" dialog box?

That is how it looks on my computer as well. When imported "Horizontal" the orientation of the matrix in the visualization.

How is it that you want it to look?

I'd like the green sequencing blocks to match the visualization. Since it's a horizontal matrix. I can live with it the way it is, as long as it's not a bug.

There are two rectangular groups of green squares on the sequencing grid. In the most recent screen shot the top rectangular group belongs to the "hat matrix." The "hat matrix" on the visualization is horizontal, and the top rectangular group of green squares run horizontal. So they are oriented the same, or am I missing something?

Screen shot in post 5

First 12 columns belong to the Ball on the hat. It's identical to my larger burst. The second set is a 21w x 8h horizontal matrix, starting on the bottom left (Pixel # 1), going in a snake pattern from L-->R, R-->L, L-->R, etc., moving from bottom to top. The import is showing pixel #1 on column #21 Row #1 and going Top-->Bottom, Bottom to top.

The horizontal matrix is rotated 90° to the right and swapped left to right. 

Green sequencing grid, is supposed to look like the following:

post-7883-0-95102400-1445054011_thumb.jp

if that helps.

I think I finally understand. The problem is that the visualization contains a vertical matrix and a horizontal matrix. The "Ball" matrix is made up of vertical rows, so superstar treats it as a vertical matrix, and the "Hat" matrix is treated as a horizontal matrix. If you import "Vertically" then the the sequencing grid for the Ball matches but the other one doesn't. If you import "Horizontally" then the sequencing grid for the "Hat" matches but the other one doesn't.

The only solution I can think of is to change the orientation of one of them. In the attached visualization I have rotated the "Ball" matrix so that it is a horizontal matrix as well. Try it and see if helps. Import it "Horizontal" and the sequencing grid for both matrices should match the visualization

ChromaHatMatrix_HatBallRotatedVertical_Row.lee