Light-O-Rama Forums

Show restarting for no reason

ChrisRumme

I am really new to this. Bought a lot durring sales.

Decided to do a small show for halloween to get ready for christmas

just got a new sd card and bought a halloween song and loaded it.

plugged it in and it worked fine for awhile... after song repaled about 5 times it keeps starting over after about 5-10 seconds... he loops 5-10 seconds of song now...

I dont know why. there is only one song and one sequence set on card.

please help.. been bragging a lot about how cool this is going to be and its not working correctly.

Just put a bunch of shows on a disk and it is still skipping randomly it just goes to a new random track starts it then skeps to another.

I loaded the sd card with the simple show builder.

Tired loading shows with the normal show builder. still same problem.

The sd card that came with that has christmas on it works fine with no problems.

First make sure the card is compatible with the director. The instructions will identify the better cards (and size) to use.

Assuming you have a fully compatible card, it sounds as though there may be some data corruption, especially if you have been adding selections, etc.

reformat the card, and try installing one selection at a time.

Before you add back in your show selections make sure all of the selections use audio that is recorded at constant bit rate, not variable.

The issue you are describing is most likely due to a bad firmware loaded onto your G3 device.  The 5.28 firmware for the G3-MP3 and uMP3 directors could occasionally skip songs or otherwise refuse to send lighting commands/audio properly.  

To determine if you have a Generation 3 director, check the markings on the front of the director.  Both directors are clearly marked if they are G3 or not.  The Dual Network G3-MP3 Director is clearly marked on the upper left, and the uMP3 director is marked just above the SD card slot.  If you do not see the G3 markings, please let us know so we can continue to diagnose your issue.

If you do have a G3 device, you should update the firmware on it version 5.29 or higher.  All of our firmware downloads can be found on our firmware download page:  http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

For the G3-MP3 Dual Network Director (includes the LOR1602Wg3-MP3) you should use:
G3-MP3 5.32 Firmware (file name -> MP3g3-V5_32.lhx)

For the uMP3 Mini Director you should use:
uMP3g3 5.32 Firmware (file name -> uMP3g3-V5_32.lhx)

Please note that the older Showtime Directors (including the DC-MP3, and the mDM-MP3 Mini Director) do not suffer from the same issues and use different hardware.  There is no need to update them.  

To update the firmware, please consult the help documentation:
http://www.lightorama.com/help/firmware_updates.htm

I will try to update the firmware tonight when I get home.

I understand it not working with the shows I made because I most likly messed them up but it is also failing on the card purchaced from LOR. So it has to be a firmware I am hoping. I have a lot of money invested in this for my first year so I really hope I can get it working properly.

I have the Gen3 Mini Director uMP3g3 it what it says on front of box.

I can't seem to get my pc to see my director is there any tips on that. I though i could just plug in it. i found an external power supply off another electronic that is only 1amp so its got power but i can't seem to get the hardware utility to find it. 

i run windows 7

please help I'm getting extremely frustrated.

do i need to buy the USB485 ??? to have my pc talk to director? and do I also need it to set up my 2nd control box i just got ? 

Yeah, you REALLY don't want to do that. Very bad things can happen to your computer or LOR equipment or both. While the connectors look the same they are not in any way compatible.

To answer your original question you will need an adapter.

The USB-RS485 with booster will allow you to connect to the MP3 director and it will power the MP3 director.

http://store.lightorama.com/uscoadwivobo.html

Another option is to get the USB-RS485 adapter. If you go this route you will need to power the MP3 director. One option to power the MP3 director would be to connect it to your existing controller with a cat5 cable and power the controller. The other is to use and external power supply. See page 10 of the User Manual for the specifics.

http://store.lightorama.com/uscoad.html

Once you have everything connected bring up the LOR Hardware Utility program. Click on the LOR MP3 tab. Assuming the MP3 unit is found it will display the Firmware release in the lower right corner of the screen. Right above where the panel says "Remote Time'. If the MP3 director cannot be found the message there will read something along the lines of "Searching for MP3 Unit".

Depending on the model of the second controller there is a very good chance you will need one of the USB-RS485 adapters to set the address.

Hope this helps.

I got the USB485 Connector today.. hardware utility still cant find mp3 box

I installed drives and plugged it all in and nothing....

• Like 1

the power supply i had i guess didnt have enough power.

plugged it into box for power then to pc and pc saw it and it was able to update fireware.

on 3rd song and no skipping yet !

Spoke too soon. Updated firmware and it is still skipping.

Even on the sd card that was preloaded from LOR

I need help badly.....

I just put the older drive on 5.30 and it sill does same thing....

Is it possiable that I have a bad box mp3 player ?

and the light on the front of the box doesnt stay on when show is running like the book says

I cant be the only one having this problem can I be ?