Light-O-Rama Forums

Cable from E1.31 Bridge to LOR Controller

TitanBry77

Hey all,

Just want to see what cable requirements will be needed to go from my E1.31 bridge to my first LOR controller.  Is it a standard ethernet cable or am I going to have to make a crossover cable etc?

Thank you!

We don't know the output of your E131 bridge.  You will need to consult the mfg for that.

We require our DMX data on Pins 4 (D+) and 5 (D-).  The GREEN pair (3/6) should be cut to prevent ACC power from going towards your bridge.

Hey all,

Just want to see what cable requirements will be needed to go from my E1.31 bridge to my first LOR controller.  Is it a standard ethernet cable or am I going to have to make a crossover cable etc?

Thank you!

You will need a X/O cable and make sure you convert all of you LOR channels to DMX.

I found that it out puts data + on pin 1 and data - on pin 2 and ground on 7. It can also do data - on 4 and data + on 5. So it looks like either way I've got to make a cable

Thanks all. And convert all my channels to dmx in the network config utility correct?

And this isn't a standard Ethernet crossover cable right? Do I make it crossover on both ends of the cable? Since the bridge outputs on pin 1 and 2 I just make a cable that has pin 1 and 2 go to pins 4 and 5 on the other end?

And this isn't a standard Ethernet crossover cable right? Do I make it crossover on both ends of the cable? Since the bridge outputs on pin 1 and 2 I just make a cable that has pin 1 and 2 go to pins 4 and 5 on the other end?

Hold and let me find the sheet for it

You are over-complicating things.

Whatever they output D+ on make it come out on PIN 4 of a cat 5.

Whatever they output D- on make it come out on PIN 5 of a cat 5.

CUT the green pair 3 & 6.

Stop thinking crossover or anything else like that.  Those 3 steps are all you need.

I know I'm going to probably confuse things but just in case, I use a wireless bridge. I come out of the computer to a GB Switch/Router. From there, standard patch cable to the N-Wireless Bridge. Out in the garage is a Wireless N-Router and they are connected to each other via wireless. Output from the router to the E1.31 controller and it works perfectly. There was no need to modify or fabricate special cables.

I don't think this person was talking about a networking bridge.  They were talking about an E1.31 to DMX bridge which is something different.