Light-O-Rama Forums

why is the show skipping the first two songs (at least)!?!?

portcity_gt

You have 2 or more copies of a sequence on your computer in 2 or more folders, or a sequence in one folder that is not in the other.  The sequences you were 'fixing' were not the ones used in the show.  By re-creating the show you selected the correct sequences that had been fixed and that do exist.  Now things work.

• Like 2

This pc isnt even hooked to the Internet, all mp3's are in the lor "audio" folder.

Internet connection does not matter.  My cloud drive is a 4TB NAS drive on my home network I use for backup.

Well i ran the verifier on that show and it found several media not found, sequence not found, conflicting channels, channel not on ect.

I double checked all the media was in one folder, and moved all the sequences to one folder, ran verifier on the same show....it said several sequences not found and the channel stuff......made a new show from scratch with all the same songs in the same order, ran verifier and all it found was the channel stuff.....so im not sure how but i think its fixed?

The media not found mean's that the audio files were not where you told the sequence editor they were supposed to be.  I know you said all the audio files were in the LOR audio folder, but if you specified a file from a different location when you created that sequence, it will always look for the audio file in that original location, until you tell it otherwise.  Below is a copy from the help file on the errors you encountered with the verifier.

-------------------

Message Number: 26

Severity: Error

Summary: Media file does not exist

Details #1: The name of the missing media file

Details #2: The name of the sequence file that refers to the missing media file

One of your scheduled musical sequences refers to an audio file or video file that does not exist.  The sequence will not play until this problem is resolved.

It is possible that the file has been renamed, placed in a different directory, or deleted.

If it has been renamed or placed in a different directory, you can either move it back to its original location, or else use the Sequence Editor to modify the sequence so that it points to its new location.

If it has been deleted, check your computer's Recycle Bin, or for any backups that you may have of the file.

Message Number: 23

Severity: Error

Summary: Sequence file does not exist

Details #1: The name of the missing sequence file

Details #2: The name of the show file that this sequence is referenced in

One of your scheduled shows refers to a sequence file that does not exist.  The sequence will not play in the show until this problem is resolved.

If you do not want the sequence to play, this is not a problem, but you may want to remove it from the show (using the Show Editor) so that this message does not appear in the future.

If you do want the sequence to play, perhaps its file was renamed (or placed in a different directory), or deleted.

If it was renamed (or placed in a different directory), you can either rename it back, or else use the Show Editor to point to the new name instead of the old one.

If it was deleted, check your computers Recycle Bin, or any backups that you may have.  Note that whenever you change a sequence and save it (using the Sequence Editor), Light-O-Rama automatically saves a backup copy of the file as it was before your changes, so you may be able to use that backup copy.  It will be saved to the same directory as the original, with the file extension ".bak" appended to its name.  For example, if your sequence is named "MySequence.las", the automatic backup will be named "MySequence.las.bak".

If none of these suggestions help, you may have to recreate the sequence, using the Sequence Editor.

Message Number: 27

Severity: Warning

Summary: Conflicting channel settings in sequence

Details #1: The name of the sequence having the conflict

Details #2: The track containing the first conflicting channel

Details #3: The name of the first conflicting channel

Details #4: The track containing the second conflicting channel

Details #5: The name of the second conflicting channel

One of your scheduled sequences contains two different channels that both are set up to control the same physical string of lights - for example, they are both set up to control circuit 3 of Light-O-Rama unit 7 on the regular Light-O-Rama network.

Your sequence will play, but these two channels will fight for control over the lights hooked up to the circuit, which may have make the lights behave in ways that you weren't expecting.

The cause of this may simply be that one of the two channels is set up with the wrong unit ID, circuit number, network, or device type.  In this case, use the Sequence Editor to change the channel's settings appropriately.

If you do intend both channels to control the same string of lights, the lights may or may not behave as you expect.  The suggested way to do what you probably want is not to have two different channels with the same settings, but to have a single channel that is contained in two different tracks:

Let's say that you have "Channel A" in the first track, and "Channel B" in the second track.  These channels have the same physical settings as each other, but different effect events.  Then to change this situation to the suggested way, use the Sequence Editor as follows:

First, copy Channel A from the first track to the second track.

Next, merge the effect events from Channel B into Channel A, so that Channel A contains the effect events from both channels.

Finally, delete Channel B.

This will leave you with a single channel - Channel A - which is contained in both tracks, and which contains all of the effect events that you wanted for its string of lights.  Having this single channel in two tracks, instead of two different channels in the  two tracks, will make the lights behave as you probably expect.

Message Number: 28

Severity: Warning

Summary: Channel is completely off

Details #1: The sequence containing the channel

Details #2: The track containing the channel

Details #3: The name of the channel

One of your scheduled sequences contains a channel which is completely off for its entire duration.

Consider removing the channel from the sequence, using the Sequence Editor.

Since you did not specify the error #, you may have also encountered error #'s 29, 30, 31 or 32.

Larry, i should have said network, the pc isnt on a network, it dosnt have wifi and its out in my shop.

all the directories were default locations, audio was always in lor audio.

I think i ended up with a duplicate sequence folder when i copied them to this pc via a burned dvd was the biggest issue.

I did double click the errors and read what you copied above, im not real concerned with the channel errors, these are shared sequences and im only using 16 out of 64 so the unused channels are likely where the conflict is.

Thank you.

I did end up with a small issue after fixing everything last night, even though everything passed in verifier, i ran the new show and had 3 or 4 songs show a media file problem in the data log, so i went in se and reassigned the media on those then made a show called problem songs with just those songs in it and it played fine, im thinking it fixed it but im going to run and log the full show again after work to be sure.

Just a little info:

When you run the Verifier and it gives you an error (or warning or whatever), you can quickly and easily get to the help file description for that particular error (like those that LarryDrumAZ showed) by right-clicking on the error's line in the Verifier results, and selecting "Help on this result" from the popup menu that will open.  Or by left-clicking on the error's line and hitting the "Help" button (at the bottom).

Just a little info:

When you run the Verifier and it gives you an error (or warning or whatever), you can quickly and easily get to the help file description for that particular error (like those that LarryDrumAZ showed) by right-clicking on the error's line in the Verifier results, and selecting "Help on this result" from the popup menu that will open. Or by left-clicking on the error's line and hitting the "Help" button (at the bottom).

Double clicking (left) the line opened the help info.

I didnt try the other methods

• Like 1