Light-O-Rama Forums

PE Preview Window great - actual lights slightly behind...

bbrescia

OK Matt - love working with PE but it seems to me that I am getting a very slight delay when controlling the lights. I see no such delay in the Pixel Editor preview window and I use the beat wizard to make sure that I've got the timing just right for any song.

I am using a very fast desktop to test the light control (E1.31) and I will run the eventual show either with a laptop or a PI.

Have you encountered this before?

Thanks - Bob

Which program are you using to control the lights? PE, SE, or the show player? If PE, do you see the same delay with the others? How many universes have you defined in the Network Configuration tool? How many pixels are you controlling?

Sorry, but solving performance issues requires asking a lot of questions.

Matt

I am just in test mode so far. Sometimes I use direct from PE (Control Lights turned on), other times from SE - same results.

27 universes.

I am using 60/60 strips for my eaves and gables. So for example, if I program a curtain effect that goes from the top of the gable to the bottom of the gable, I want that effect to start and end "on the beat". That also leads me to ask another question that I didn't yet ask - some of the PE effects are "repeat to speed", "once", or "to duration" but there is no choice to have the effect start and end within one beat - in other words, one timing mark to the next.  That means that it's a guessing game as to the selected speed, unless I am missing something..

Thanks - Bob

some of the PE effects are "repeat to speed", "once", or "to duration" but there is no choice to have the effect start and end within one beat - in other words, one timing mark to the next.  That means that it's a guessing game as to the selected speed, unless I am missing something..

You can use "fit to duration" to start and end on the beat - assuming your timing marks are on the beat. In each cell, just alternate between putting the curtain effect above the dashed line and the next one below it. The attached screen shot shows a curtain effect repeating for each beat.

Still working on the delay to the lights. It may take a few days to get you an answer on that one.

Matt

post-2660-0-05452700-1444838471_thumb.pn