Light-O-Rama Forums

Have a Projector This Year

CovertRain

So in finally added a second controller and also have a projector this year.  Problem is I have no clue how to implement a projector.  Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to integrate video?  Basically I have two video files.  One file I just want to play in a window during my normal musical sequence.  The other I want to actually use the audio.

I am assuming it's not as simple as inserting a video into a sequence I have already created.  This is only my second season so I am still learning.

Thanks everyone.

Rather than opening a music file open the video file and sequence the same.   You can edit the video file and replace the audio track with a song file and re-save then open this file and sequence to it.

• Like 1

OK so if I understand.....

Video File playing with Sound - Just like any other media file - I just have to sequence it.  Video File playing in the background of one of my existing sequences will require that I edit my video file, overlay my music track but will I be able to copy and paste my existing sequence versus redoing it?

replace the audio portion of your video file with your sequenced audio file (make sure they line up). save, copy and paste the original sequence data (paste by time) into the new media file.  

you will want to create a new desktop that has nothing on it except on 1 small icon for access down in corner and use it as the desktop for the computer, this way when no video is being displayed you will not see the computer desk top.

• Like 1

I have never tried the multiple desktop thing. I have two screens on my PC though. 

I would put the screens in extend mode, then

Add the video to the sequence, and then run it as a show and make the window of the video will your projector.

I have a tutorial on adding the video here:

• Like 1

I have never tried the multiple desktop thing. I have two screens on my PC though. 

Add the video to the sequence, and then run it as a show and make the window of the video will your projector.

OK, stupid question.  So, if the video is not long enough to cover a sequence that I will copy and paste (by timing per above), how does that work exactly?  Do I have to edit the video and loop it to be exactly the same length as the song before I copy and paste my sequence?

OK, stupid question.  So, if the video is not long enough to cover a sequence that I will copy and paste (by timing per above), how does that work exactly?  Do I have to edit the video and loop it to be exactly the same length as the song before I copy and paste my sequence?

You need to edit the video to be the same length as the audio (copy and paste, cut and paste etc), then overlay the audio track onto the video and save it.  If the video is longer than the audio you can overlay the audio and shorten the length in the sequencer (brute force).

You need to edit the video to be the same length as the audio (copy and paste, cut and paste etc), then overlay the audio track onto the video and save it.  If the video is longer than the audio you can overlay the audio and shorten the length in the sequencer (brute force).

Can I do that directly in the Sequence Editor or are you saying in a video editor to adjust the length of the video (copy and paste)?

Edited by CovertRain

You would use a video editing program.

There are many different ones available with all sorts of different features.

Some are free, such as Microsoft's movie editor among others...

Sorry to be a pain guys.  I have some files from AtmosFX and tried to use Adobe Premier 9 to convert the file to AVI.  It's an older program I have but the export options are limited and reduce the file quality to much.  So, I tried using VLC Media player.  I made sure to match the quality of the video file, make sure the audio is MP3 and that the container is in AVI format.  Not sure what I am doing wrong but I get the following two errors:

"The media file for this sequence could not be converted to the LOR internal media format".  While the media file may work, some functions, such as 'Play Speed' or 'Play Range', may not, or may work "incorrectly.

When I click through I get a second error:

"The media for this sequence could not be converted to the LOR internal WAV format.  While the media file will work, advanced functions such as the Beat Wizard, VU Wizard, and View Waveform will not function".

So I managed on my first file to work through it and sequence a song with the video playing in the background with no audio.  Although it was a pain without the Waveform view.  The second video I want to play in my show with the audio that came with it.  I just don't want to attempt to sequence it without the tools.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe I can going about this the hard way

Edited by CovertRain

do you have windows movie maker seems like your making a simple thing overly complicated .I use videos with my sequences  if the video you have with audio you want to use as a sequence you open a new musical sequence and when it asks for media select the video with the audio attached to that video now just sequence like any other song.

do you have windows movie maker seems like your making a simple thing overly complicated .I use videos with my sequences  if the video you have with audio you want to use as a sequence you open a new musical sequence and when it asks for media select the video with the audio attached to that video now just sequence like any other song.

Windows Movie Maker doesn't recognize the AtmosFX Files is the problem.  So I am forced to use something else.

I looked at atmosfx  files the audio is MP4 so you have to convert MP4 to MP3 Or wav files than you must delete the mp4 audio from the video than add back the converted audio files I did that and now it works in the sequence editor

I looked at atmosfx  files the audio is MP4 so you have to convert MP4 to MP3 Or wav files than you must delete the mp4 audio from the video than add back the converted audio files I did that and now it works in the sequence editor

He has Adobe Premier 9. It is MUCH better than Windows Movie Maker. Windows Movie Maker is a free home video software, which is now very basic. Since Windows 7 they removed tracks from it. I don't think it is possible to separate audio and video.

Adobe Premier 9 is very good. Show me your Export options. The older versions didn't have presets for modern video settings, like 1080p/720p There are presets for 720p by default, but it may be easier to select a lower resolution preset and set the frame height to 720p and width to 1280, or if you are using a full HD source video then 1080 by 1920, or you could just make a new one and set the resolution manually to 1920x1080 or 1280x720 (If you know the exact resolution of your video then use that)

Edited by EmmienLightFan

He has Adobe Premier 9. It is MUCH better than Windows Movie Maker. Windows Movie Maker is a free home video software, which is now very basic. Since Windows 7 they removed tracks from it. I don't think it is possible to separate audio and video.

Adobe Premier 9 is very good. Show me your Export options. The older versions didn't have presets for modern video settings, like 1080p/720p There are presets for 720p by default, but it may be easier to select a lower resolution preset and set the frame height to 720p and width to 1280, or if you are using a full HD source video then 1080 by 1920, or you could just make a new one and set the resolution manually to 1920x1080 or 1280x720 (If you know the exact resolution of your video then use that)

Focusing on the preset for 720P seemed to do the trick.  I honestly was so happy it resolved the errors I was afraid to manually adjust to 1080P.  LOL.  I might experiment with the settings and let you know how it goes.  By the way, Adobe Premier 9 ended up being a life saver as I had to recenter the video on a couple of AtmosFX files because of the configuring of my split windows in my new house.  That program is awesome.  I might have to upgrade to 14.