Light-O-Rama Forums

GFCI Tripping

Erik Sommer

I have a CTB16PC that's is constantly tripping my GFCI. But the weird thing is that it only trips it when the cable going to the computer is plugged in. I can have it powered up for a few minutes, but when I plug the network cable in, the GFCI trips about 10 seconds later.

Any idea why this could be happening? It still happens with all my lights disconnected, so it's probably something with the controller. I brought it inside for a while to try and get rid of any moisture that could be in there. But does anyone know why it trips about 10 seconds after I plug in the network cable?

The same thing happens even if I power up the board with the network cable plugged in.

Hi,

Is this a kit or a pre-assembled card?

Is it mounted in a LOR enclosure and does it have LOR power cords?

Was the card working for a while then started acting like this?

It sounds like some leakage between the AC and the electronics. What doesn't make sense at this point is why it takes 10 seconds to trip the breaker.

Does it act his way if no LOR programs are running?

Dan

I tested it last night after I gave it a chance to air out and it doesn't seem to be tripping the GFCI anymore, at least without any lights connected. I'm going to test it tomorrow to see if the problem is still gone.

To answer your questions, it was a kit that we put together and it does have LOR power cords. I didn't order the case from you guys, the I think it is the same case (I got it from AllElectronics.com based off of it being mentioned on PC). The card was working fine until we had some rain/sleet.

I think it might've been a mositure problem, and will post back if it is working again or not.

Thanks!