Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing SE into PE

pyrotech

Hello,

I've been pulling out my hair to 2 days trying to figure out what's wrong with my importing of SE effect into PE.

Here's what's going on...  (BTW...this used to work a few versions back in the software)

I have a SE file that has a bunch of traditional effects in it (simple strands of lights turning on / off etc.)

I also have included in there a dozen CCR's that I imported in from Superstar.  (I just copied and pasted them in there)

When I open up PE, I open the .LMS file.  Then I "import from SE".  The CCR's come in just fine and when I playback in PE, I see the CCR's dancing.  But...I don't see any of my traditional channels in the PE preview.  (Like i said...I used to see them).  

Here are a few answers to some questions I know all of you will probably ask...

Yes, the universe, and channel settings absolutely match between the SE sequence and the preview I built in PE.

If I run the newly created sequence in SE...I can see everything working in the LOR Visualizer program.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

PE's "Import from SE" function is just for importing sequences on RGB elements - where you want to change from sequencing the element in SE to sequencing in PE. You would not use it for your simple strands of lights that you will continue sequencing in SE. For those elements, rather than importing you simply create props in the preview where the Sequence Method is set to "Sequence Editor". If the channels on the PE props match those in SE, then they should light up in your preview during playback. You should also be able to click the Props button above the sequence grid, place checkmarks next to those props in the Prop Selection window, and then see the sequence for those props in the PE grid when you close the selection window.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the quick response.  So, I agree with you, I am not wanting to sequence non-RGB elements in PE.  But, I do wish to view them in the preview window (to see how everything relates together).  My problem is that non of the Non-RGB elements show up.  

I am 100% positive the channel (universe) settings match between the SE and PE.  

If I click on the "props" button on the main sequencing page of PE, I select one of these elements, it shows up in the grid, but it says..."no matching channel".    Like I said, I am 100% sure they match. 

Anything?

Thanks,

Tim

If I click on the "props" button on the main sequencing page of PE, I select one of these elements, it shows up in the grid, but it says..."no matching channel".    Like I said, I am 100% sure they match. 

This turned out to be a bug. It will be fixed in the next release of S4.

Matt

This turned out to be a bug. It will be fixed in the next release of S4.

Matt

The fix is in the 4.2.6 release - available today.

Matt