Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Christmas Trees

JBrownUP

Does anyone have them and can the tell me what the like or don't like about it?  Im looking at adding the trees to my show this year but not sure.  I also saw some singing light bulbs as well but haven't looked around to find them.  I'm not even sure if you can buy that or if someone made it themselves. Any input would be great.  Thanks.

Jason 

I think the question is not where to source the singing trees, but whether those who have purchased them previously like their quality/construction/etc. (I can't help, I don't have them!) 

I purchased the 4 coro trees last year and mounted in wood frame.  After being up for 45 days in all weather, they held up well.  Coro is very sturdy. I know that another vendor has HDPE faces as well. 

I'm not doing them this year but simple question, how many channels are needed for each? Yes, I know its based on face movements.

I purchased the Holiday Coro trees this year my first, they use 8 channel each and I have purchased 7 sequences for them and finished mounting them, they look real good and I think they will be the big hit.

For OP though if you are just now beginning it may be a project better for next year, they take a lot of lights and we purchased the lights months ago during the sales, don't remember exact bulb count but they are over 7 or 8 hundred each, and I think $500 plus for the lights on sale, regular price for leds right now will sting a bit, and don't forget 2 controllers for just the tree's.

The best of luck, I think you will really like them when you get them.

Keith

I built the holiday Coro singing Christmas trees for this year. in my setup I used all LED lights. And a Renard plus 32 channel controller with dirkcheap SSRS. I'm able to run all of my lights from one controller that cost less than $200. the controller is very small in fits in the back of the display easily.for setup all of the faces are built on one frame that only requires 2 wires 1 DMX + 1 power. so far I'm very pleased with the holiday Coro product. although I made some modifications to the faces so that they don't all look exactly alike. I gave them for different personalities.

This will be my third year with them. I made a pvc frame to hold them and they are holding up very well. My first year I used ican bulbs and last year I changed them out to led's. Here in our small town I have had lots of coments about them. The problem with the singing trees is the sequencing. I have tried to do the sequencing for these and it is very difficult for me. Matt Suart has provided some sequences for these and I found a couple of other programmers that shared them. (by the way thanks again to those who have shared these specialized sequences) The 4 of them will take 2 controllers.

Wayne

I built the wood frames. They include the instructions. Very simple took me an hour to do all four. I like to purchase the face sequences from Holidaysequences.com they are like 15 bucks

I won a set of Large Holiday coro trees in 2011 in the sequencing competition they had. I made frames and used them until last year when during a big wind storm they blew off the roof. the coro trees survived but my frames and most of the bulbs did not fair so well. So as a result of the damage, I decided rather then spend money to fix them i would buy a set of the smaller coro trees and mount them on the ground this year. There is Zero Issues with them although when it comes to storing them they take up a little room. I converted one into an evil tree that I use in both my Halloween and Christmas display. Bottom line is they are a great part of my display and will remain in it for a long time. Take your time and do it right and have fun with it. 

Edited by Box on Rails

I won a set of Large Holiday coro trees in 2011 in the sequencing competition they had. I made frames and used them until last year when during a big wind storm they blew off the roof. the coro trees survived but my frames and most of the bulbs did not fair so well. So as a result of the damage, I decided rather then spend money to fix them i would buy a set of the smaller coro trees and mount them on the ground this year. There is Zero Issues with them although when it comes to storing them they take up a little room. I converted one into an evil tree that I use in both my Halloween and Christmas display. Bottom line is they are a great part of my display and will remain in it for a long time. Take your time and do it right and have fun with it.

I also have the smaller holiday Coro trees. I've been experimenting with putting landscaping fabric in front of the faces for Halloween. when they light up you only see the lights glowing through and can't see the tree outline.as far as storing them they're built on one frame and clip to the ceiling in the basement when I don't need them controller and all. wen cliped to the ceiling I can plug them in and test sequences. Edited by Ebuechner
  • Like 1

Had mine 3yrs running. love them. just replaced Incan to all LED. I attach mine to the side of the house with eye bolts and carabiner. Everyone loves them. People liked them so much I made my own Olaf.

• 11 months later...

I just got my first tree yesterday.  I just started to source the lights for the one and it is going to be about 200% more than the dang coro was!  I was thinking of using PVC to build a frame to attach it in my eves.  The 2x4 frame looks very sturdy, but with that comes lots of weight.  Does anyone have any pictures of their frames from PVC?  Also any of you that switched from incan to LED, do you have all of the Incan available for sale? 

yeah, the lights for those displays aren't cheap due to the nature which was why I passed on them this year.

Also, make sure you get the right size bulbs or they won't sit properly in there.

If you do or have plans to do a Halloween disply, singing faces instead of tree might be an option.  You can leave them up for christams and put stocking cap outlines on 1 or more or the faces.  A "singing tree" sequence will work on singing faces.

27 minutes ago, sticks4legs said:

Doug gets a +1 from me.  Very sturdy and easy to attach lights to

That's great just can't buy anymore this year :(