Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Configuration Confusion

jamills706

Once again, probably jus my newness showing here.......

I have a visualization file, and I have set the networks (I have 4; Regular, Aux A, B, and C) with 6-CCR Ribbons on each.

I am able to sequence and play back things in SuperStar just fine.

After saving, and exporting to the Sequence Editor, when I look at the Channel Configuration there all of the CCRs are on the Regular network. I'd have expected that SuperStar would tell SE what I had set.

I see that I can Export a Configuration File from SE - and then reload it to save resetting all off the channels each time....and perhaps that is wat one must do....but if I am missing some key step here I'd appreciate advice. I'm getting tired of hand setting all the networks on the 24-CCRs! LOL

Thanks again in advance for any assistance.

If you are in Visualization mode (using an imported visualization) then superstar gets the unit ID and network information from the Visualization. If you are not using an imported visualization then it means you are in CCR mode. In CCR mode it gets the unit ID and network information from the Configuration dialog box. It sounds like you are in CCR mode and have set the Configuration dialog box to use 4 networks. What are the channel ranges you have set for each network in the Configuration dialog box?

Also, what version of superstar are you running?

Using version 4.1.2.

I have 02-07 on Regular; 08-0D on AuxA; 0E-13 on AuxB; and 14-19 on AuxC.

I know those are right as when I manually set the Channel Configuration in SE all the lights work properly.

It's just a matter of having to set them manually each time I Open an "Exported To Sequence Editor" file.

I'm not sure what is happening. I can remote into your computer if you want and take a look. Is now a good time for you?

In case anyone else comes across this post, and wonders about the solution..... with Brian's help, here is what I learned...

When using a visualizer in SuperStar, when you export to Sequence Editor it ONLY uses (and recalls) the network settings stored in the visualizer file itself. I thought that somehow it would also know what was in the CR configuration file...but it only uses that in CCR mode. Probably most everyone understood that - but, since I didn't, perhaps there is someone else out there with the same issue.

Make certain that when you specify the Unit IDs in the Props/Fixtures that you set the correct Network (i.e.: Regular, AuxA, AuxB...etc.). Then when you do the export to SE your channels will be their!

Thanks again to Brian for his help in pointing out this misunderstanding on my part!!!!

I always learn something myself when working through these things. I have reworded the message box that comes up if you are in visualization mode and launch the Configuration dialog box. Things that are clear to the programmer are not always clear to the user!

Great Brian! Your help was invaluable!

I was so frustrated with myself and yet it was such a simple fix!

As they say, Live and Learn! And learn I did......the setup looks great and is functioning like a champ now!

Hopefully I will get some decent video of some of what I've done and post it where folks can see what Ive accomplished in my first show! I'm quite pleased with myself - nothing to compare with what some of the pros do - but not bad for a first attempt i feel!

• 1 month later...

I am also having trouble adding a sub sequence for my standard lights to my ccp display. When I go to the utility hardware to create my show it says cannot create show using a sub sequence, Do you have any advise? i am using the residential showtime director.

Unfortunately you cannot use a sub-sequence with the showtime director. You have two choices:

1) Use a computer to play the show instead of a showtime director

2) Use copy/paste to get the CCP tree sequence in with your main sequence. There is a tutorial on this, go to the lightorama main page, hover mouse over "support" then click on "tutorials"
The superstar tutorials are near the bottom. Look for one that says something like "Getting superstar sequences into your main sequence"
The tutorial covers copy/paste and subsequence