Light-O-Rama Forums

audio file problem (easy fix?)

portcity_gt

What might i be doing wrong, it seems like every time i open a sequence it wont find the audio, and i have to manually select it then resave the sequence. ...and thats getting old fast. I just got a new show computer and i really dont want to redo every sequence. All the audio is saved in the lor audio folder.

Open up the .LMS file in notepad and see what path it has for the media file. Where do youi have your LOR software installed? Is it on a cloud or something that might be tripping up the software?

Quite possible the audio directory isn't in the exact same directory as before. If it were you wouldn't be having the issue.

Like John said, open the LMS is a notepad and see if the directory from the old computer is the same as your current on.

I have the same problem on the old computer.

These are shared sequences i got from james, ive noticed the the song title dosnt always exactly match the sequence name, is that the problem?

I opened a file in notepad....but i dont really know what im looking at or for.

Unless you have the exact same folder names as James, then you are going to run into that problem. Not much you can do except choose the audio file, save, and move on.

I didnt change any names, its just something ive noticed (them being different).

This isnt for my main show so its not "too" high stress, my main halloween and Christmas shows will run as usual, this is for a kids halloween party we're having in the back yard.

But i do think afterwards i am going to use this pc as a "show only" its one of those all in one touch screen things.....kinda nice for a show pc.

If you didn't get this error on the old computer, and you are getting it on the new one, then I'm 99.99% sure something change. (The .01% is for some weird install error, or other very rare problem.)

If you didn't get this error on the old computer, and you are getting it on the new one, then I'm 99.99% sure something change. (The .01% is for some weird install error, or other very rare problem.)

I had the same problem on the other computer.

Okay, so you had the problem on the old computer as well.

When you re-associate the music with the sequence and save, does it work next time you open it up?

Okay, so you had the problem on the old computer as well.

When you re-associate the music with the sequence and save, does it work next time you open it up?

Yep, most of the time it does.

I have to tell it what media on any new sequence, and if i edit the sequence.

If you

• Open an existing sequence
  • Re-Associate the media file
  • Save
  • Exit Sequence Editor

and the media file doesn't save when you re-open the sequence you either have a problem with your installation of LOR, or something else is going on with your system. Unless something has changed with the software, it doesn't go back and change your sequence files when you don't have the SE open.

If you

• Open an existing sequence
  • Re-Associate the media file
  • Save
  • Exit Sequence Editor
and the media file doesn't save when you re-open the sequence you either have a problem with your installation of LOR, or something else is going on with your system. Unless something has changed with the software, it doesn't go back and change your sequence files when you don't have the SE open.
It does the four things you mentioned correctly.

Im just trying to figure out why i have to manually re associate the song in the first place.

I had to do it when i first got the sequences on the old computer and im having to do it again on the new computer, i would think the sequence editor would go in "audio" and find it on its own.

I saved the sequences and audio folders from the other pc onto a dvd, then transferred them onto the new pc.

The audio is referenced in 'absolute' terms, not relative.

Just because you are using the default LOR audio directory doesn't mean that it's going to find it when/if you move it to another computer. If that default directory is differently named in any way from the original machine, then it's going to fail.

For example: If on one computer your username is "portcity" and the other machine "portcity_gt" then the default directory will be different. Sure you may have them both in your default 'My Documents' folder, but that 'My Documents' is going to be in a different directory on each machine, since the login name is different.

Everything should be the same on my end.....but its probably different than what james had, so i assume thats the problem.

Thanks.

...im about 1/4 way through reassignment now.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd post this very simple problem in this thread, b/c it is about audio file.  Very simply put, I open SE, then open an audio file. After clicking on the audio file, I get the normal pop up window, New Musical Sequence Editor.  That pop up window looks like it has been squished from the top and bottom, as every row of text has the letters slightly cropped off both above and below.  I have a screen shot of it (a .png file), but can't see how to attach a ,png file to this post.  I've written LOR, with the .png file included, but no resolution yet.  I thought the problem might be my screen resolution.  It's not.  

Any thoughts?

Ed