Light-O-Rama Forums

Board turns off with good fuses?

LightsByGreg

Last night, one of my LOR1602W units stopped working. I checked the breaker-nothing. Plugged my light tester into the outlet it was using, its light came on. I opened up the unit and tried plugging it in, no heartbeat on the unit. The fuses appeared to be good, but I pulled them out (of course while the board was unplugged) and put them back in-plugged the unit into the wall, and there was the flashing LED. This also happened on a 1600w unit three years ago. So my question is why does the board do this? Is it some safety feature? The fuses definitely make good contact, I actually had to bend the metal back to get them out of there.

Thanks,
Greg

That is a very uncommon thing to happen. I do not know why it happend and I do not recall a case where it happened so I am not sure of the cause.

Be careful bending the fuse mounts. They are supposed to be very tight especially if you have a big load on the controller.

This time I found that I of the fuses "DID" burn out on the controller, and I figured out that reversing them got the heartbeat and half of the controller to come on. So it was on my end this time, not the board's. It still shut off before though, as the 1600 only has 1 fuse, but that board did end up having more problems anyway.

Thanks for the tips
Greg