Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon 16

godman

Got the Pixcon 16 powered up, I see it in Network Config, IP address set etc, I plug in a light and it turns the entire string white immediately, I am unable to run a test pattern from the board or get it to react from the sequence?? Using 5v 2811 pixels

I don't know the Pixcon, but are you providing 5V for the pixels?  May sound like a dumb question, but more than one person has supplied 12V to an E1.31 controller and thought it would regulate it down to 5V for the pixels...

Now I just moved my Pixcon to my laptop the Pixcon comes up but when I click on it I get the following error The Device Configuration could not be loaded. Please check network connections try again:

Any suggesting? I have tried reinstalling LOR (beta 4.2.2) just cant get in to configure the card?????????

• 2 weeks later...

I think for your first issue, its because the pixcon16 comes with it set for WS2801 Pixels and not WS2811 Pixels. I have the same issue when I put mine into test mode, but I also have the issue with it not being found by the PC. This is what my E682 did when it was in the wrong pixel mode also, so that would be my guess. 

• The topic was locked