Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 10

FirstClassPro

I have been trying to search for Windows 10 threads, but apparently I can't search with numbers. If I type "Windows 10" in the search bar, it will only search "Windows" which isn't bringing up what I am looking for.

I have recently upgraded my programming computer to Windows 10. Ever since I upgraded, every time I plug in my "USB to RS485 Adapter with Booster," my computer blue screens and reboots. It shows a page fault in non-paged area error.

Is anybody else having that issue with the adapter? I will be trying it on my show computer, which is Windows XP, when I get a chance to make sure the adapter is fine. I just know it was working a while before I upgraded my computer so it should still be working, but I will check.

Thanks!

DJ

I just upgraded my windows 8 PC to 10 and haven't experienced this, I have played the show as normal, I also just purchased a new PC laptop to use for LOR sequencing mainly and a backup for the show PC but haven't plugged in the rs485 adapter yet, just sequencing, but i'll try it and let you know.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

I just had this happen to me. My motherboard crapped out so i upgraded to a news asus z170-deluxe boardwith i7 6700k 4.0 cpu. Everything works great no device errors. As soon as i connect the usb485 to any usb port i get a page_fault_error.

I have been trying to search for Windows 10 threads, but apparently I can't search with numbers. If I type "Windows 10" in the search bar, it will only search "Windows" which isn't bringing up what I am looking for.

I have recently upgraded my programming computer to Windows 10. Ever since I upgraded, every time I plug in my "USB to RS485 Adapter with Booster," my computer blue screens and reboots. It shows a page fault in non-paged area error.

Is anybody else having that issue with the adapter? I will be trying it on my show computer, which is Windows XP, when I get a chance to make sure the adapter is fine. I just know it was working a while before I upgraded my computer so it should still be working, but I will check.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I fixed it on my end. I had to uninstall some of my asus mother board usb utilities called a1 charger plus. I found on a website that this program sends power up the usb for charging things like cell phones or other devices. After i removed this program i can now connect my usb485. Now i have a lor issue. Since i am on a new mb and cpu the lor program wants me to reactivate and it says i have activated to many times. I have created a help ticket i am sure they will reactivate me!