Light-O-Rama Forums

HU test works, but not sequence

seriouslylosingit

Hello All,

I decided after my mini director was not working right today that I would try to use the hardware utility and RS485 and get my way it's set up to work from my computer. I haven't ever done it this way so I'm sure that I'm doing something incorrectly.

When I test the lights in the hardware utility they work. When I try to control the lights using a sequence they don't. I have hardeare utility closed. So there's only one program running. I am first connected to the RS485, then to my CMB24, then to my 16 channel controller,

When I select play this sequence. I get solid lights on both my 16 channel unit and my RGB unit. I imagine I am overlooking something simple. I don't know if I need to rename my controllers. Just trying to figure out why it won't light the lights when I play a sequence..

Thank you for your help in advance. I appreciate it

Edited by seriouslylosingit

I thought I had set my network preferences. Maybe not? What do I need to do within that menu? Or how do I need to set it up?

I had similar issue this afternoon.  I have 3 DC controllers and 1 AC hooked up for Halloween.  They all worked fine in Hardware Utility, but not when I played in SE.  Only the 16 channel AC and the CMB24  DC would work, but not the other 2 CMB16  DC controllers.  I went to my Network Preferences and I had the speed of the network set to 500k.  I changed it back to 57.6k and everything worked after that.  Maybe someone can chime in on the "why" this worked this way.  I thought the 500k speed was supposed to be better.

I didn't have my channels assigned properly. I haven't connected the 2nd cmb24 controller, but hoping this remedies it.. Will keep you posted..

Thanks for all suggestions...