Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding One CCR 16-Ribbon Mega Tree To Display

pilot2star2002

Hello Fellow Light-O-Rama Fans,

I am in the need of assistance.  I have been doing my display with Light-O-Rama for 3 years now and I am wanting to upgrade.  I currently have 64 Channels and all of my sequences are just purchased ones of your standard Christmas songs.  I am looking to add an CCR 16-Ribbon Mega Tree to my display in replacement of my current mega tree.  So with that being said:

-Is this something fairly 'simple'? 

-Can I add my CCR Tree in the sequence in replacement of the old mega tree or is it an entirely new sequence?  Can I purchase a sequence with it already in it?

-Does adding the CCR Tree now make my display 80 channels?  What can I do with my remaining 16 channels from the old tree?

-How can I verify I have the correct Software?

I apologize for any dumb questions, as I am looking for guidance.  I really appreciate everybody's assistance and I look forward for all of the help I will receive.  Thank you again!

Hello Fellow Light-O-Rama Fans,

I am in the need of assistance.  I have been doing my display with Light-O-Rama for 3 years now and I am wanting to upgrade.  I currently have 64 Channels and all of my sequences are just purchased ones of your standard Christmas songs.  I am looking to add an CCR 16-Ribbon Mega Tree to my display in replacement of my current mega tree.  So with that being said:

-Is this something fairly 'simple'? This is pretty simple as CCRs are pretty much plug and play. However, you will need to program in two LOR high speed networks to compensate for the massive amount of channels you will be adding.

-Can I add my CCR Tree in the sequence in replacement of the old mega tree or is it an entirely new sequence? This will be an entire new sequence as your old tree was pretty much off/on and the new tree will be RGB. Can I purchase a sequence with it already in it? There are sequences out there available.

-Does adding the CCR Tree now make my display 80 channels?  No, the CCR tree will add 2,400 channels to your existing count. What can I do with my remaining 16 channels from the old tree? What ever you want.

-How can I verify I have the correct Software? You would need an Advanced or Pro license to cover the number of controllers.

I apologize for any dumb questions, as I am looking for guidance.  I really appreciate everybody's assistance and I look forward for all of the help I will receive.  Thank you again!

Someone correct me if I made a mistake here.

Edited by Mr. P

I hope you are planning this addition for 2016 and NOT 2015.  The hardware is pretty straight forward, but could be quite involved depending on how you are mounting the CCRs.  There could be quite a bit of construction involved.  I STRONGLY suggest that you read this entire thread http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23186-anyone-else-building-a-frame-for-a-12-ribbon-ccr-tree/page-6?hl=string#entry336070

Yea, I know it's currently over 200 replies...

As for the software side, yes you can purchase sequences, but you will still have to integrate them into your sequences - or more likely add the rest of your yard to the the purchased sequences.  You will very likely also want to use either SuperStar or Pixel Editor for that which means a rather large learning curve.

In other words, that's a lot to do in less than two months.  Great addition for 2016 however.  I love my 12 string pixel tree and I'm planning on upping it to 16 strings for 2016.

How on earth do you folks afford all that stuff?  Y'all must be made of money. :D

My husband and I have already decided not to "do Christmas" for each other this year since I technically spent the budget AND MORE on LOR stuff this year.  As a result, we'll only be getting a few small things for the kids and that's about it.

In my mind, one cannot simply decide to add a 16-ribbon CCR to their display without dropping some SERIOUS bank to do it.

And here I was think that next year I MIGHT start getting ONE CCR ribbon per year until I get up to 12.  Which means 12 years before I can make a typical CCR tree...

If you get the Pixcon16 and some strips you can save 75% of the cost. However, there is a lot more involved in the programming if you go the E1.31 route.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

I agree with Jim, plan this for 2016. If you don't work, you might possibly get it done, but you're gonna have to spend countless hours sequencing unless you buy all of your sequences.

That's not including researching the best way to set it up, procuring the materials to accomplish that and, add a star or the topper of your choice. 

These trees are a big undertaking. A lot of us have been sequencing since January, (me) and I'm almost finished tweaking my last sequence, 21 in all.

If you want it this year, you have a lot of work ahead of you in the next 2 months before Thanksgiving. If you have unlimited time on your hands, it can be done.

If you get the Pixcon16 and some strips you can save 75% of the cost. However, there is a lot more involved in the programming if you go the E1.31 route.

Thank you for your assistance. It was a lot of help. I was just starting to look into it for next year. I know it's not possible this year haha. The biggest change this year is upgrading all my lights to LED and making my mega tree a spiral tree. To save money I will probably just get the pixcon16 to save bucks!

I hope you are planning this addition for 2016 and NOT 2015. The hardware is pretty straight forward, but could be quite involved depending on how you are mounting the CCRs. There could be quite a bit of construction involved. I STRONGLY suggest that you read this entire thread http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23186-anyone-else-building-a-frame-for-a-12-ribbon-ccr-tree/page-6?hl=string#entry336070

Yea, I know it's currently over 200 replies...

As for the software side, yes you can purchase sequences, but you will still have to integrate them into your sequences - or more likely add the rest of your yard to the the purchased sequences. You will very likely also want to use either SuperStar or Pixel Editor for that which means a rather large learning curve.

In other words, that's a lot to do in less than two months. Great addition for 2016 however. I love my 12 string pixel tree and I'm planning on upping it to 16 strings for 2016.

I have actually read that post :). I work two jobs now so I need more than extra time to get everything planned out. I did not plan on this year, I know it's too soon. I really appreciate your response and your guidance!