Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing the order of props

sasmuse

Hello,

Jumping back into using the Pixel Editor. I really like it!  There is one thing I'm trying to do that I can't find in the help documentation. I've created my props, and everything is working ok. However, I'd like to change the order the props display in the main window. I've tried clicking and dragging, right-clicking but nothing seems to work. Is there a way to do that or do I need to delete them and re-create them in the order I want them to display? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sally Simpson

The order props are listed in the PE sequence grid is fixed - alphabetical order. Props with a sequence method="Pixel Editor" will be listed first, then props with a sequence method="Sequence Editor" will be listed at the end.

However, you can hide props by clicking the "Props" button (located above the list of props), and clicking the checkboxes for the props you want displayed (and unchecking the ones you want hidden).

You can save the list of props that is currently displayed to a "prop view" so that it can be recalled later. To do this, click the small down arrow next to "Prop View" on the toolbar, then select "Add View" from the menu. Prop views can also be updated and deleted using this menu. Once you have created a prop view, it can be selected from the drop-down immediately to the right of "Prop View" on the toolbar.

One other trick. If you use prop groups, you don't need to display the props that are members of a group - use the Props button to hide them. The sequence for those props can be accessed by clicking the "+" symbol next to the group name - as this will expand the group, displaying the sequence for every group member. The group can subsequently be collapsed when you are done with it. This is similar to using groups in SE.

Matt

Thanks for the info. So if I understand correctly, I have 8 windows that I'd like to see in a particular order. If I name them Awindow, Bwindow....they'll display in that order.

One other question....is it possible to have the beat track appear at the top? It's kinda not useful to have it at the bottom of the list. Just wondering.

thanks, Sally

Thanks for the info. So if I understand correctly, I have 8 windows that I'd like to see in a particular order. If I name them Awindow, Bwindow....they'll display in that order.

You are correct.

For the beat track, I will look into making it configurable where it displays (first or last) in the next release.

Matt

Using today's 4.2.4 beta release, you can move beat channels to the top of the sequence grid. Just click the "Props" button at the top-left of the sequence grid, and then in the "Select Props" window look for the "Display Order" drop-downs in each prop category. The attached screen shot demonstrates how to set "Display Order" to show beat channels first.

Matt

post-2660-0-90818200-1444080055_thumb.pn