Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting the Visualizer up correctly for a Star CCP top

schenery

Hi All

I need some help... I have been spinning my wheels running through the samples with the installer and YouTube tutorials but not seeming to get any closer to the end goal.

I have picked up 6 CCP controlers for the main tree which will run 24 strings by 25 pixels. I have also got an additional CCP controler to put a star at the top of the tree.

In the Visualizer, i have based the main tree off the sample file "24x25Tree_4RowGlobe.lee" but as i dont have enough lights for the Globe construction i want to run two star Shapes. One at 20 Pixels (Inside Star) and one at 30 Pixels(Outside Star).

I have removed the Globe and built a star shape using the "Draw Cosmic Colour Pixel" Icon.

When i import the Visualization into the SuperStar Visualizer then the star always ends up on the right handside of the Tree. If you import the "24x25Tree_4RowGlobe.lee" file then it places the Globe above the tree.

I have attached the File i am playing with. I am assuming i am missing a key option that makes this go to the top of the grid in the SuperStar Sequencer. Any ideas or direction to help me out so i can star getting on to building up a SuperStar Sequence? I am only new to this stuff so appologies if this is staring me in the face....

Image of the Visualizer with the Star location: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b06temlqnxpisur/Visualizer.jpg?dl=0

Thanks

Steven

CheneryTree.lee

where did you want it to go?

This is where SS will place it without getting creative with keywords. Then again your using S4 so maybe there is an easier way.

In the prop comment section of the globe you will see SUPERSTAR MATRIX ROW=6 COLUMN=1 (or something). This is an example of keywords. There are also keywords in the comment section of the tree which places the grid on row 16, column 1.

personaly I don't see whats wrong with your 50 pixel star where it is but if you want it moved, Brian is the master at visualizer and SS. Maybe admin will move you thread to SS or get the attention of Brian

Thanks Saxon, It might be my lack of knowledge here in the SS application but when i bring in the Globe it is layed out above the tree in the grid. This looks to be to correct place as when setting up Morphs etc and controlling the different components of the tree. If it is placed to the right as per where it is atm when performing a morph it also includes the Star in the morph when setting one up on the tree. Having it above would seem to allow me to control each aspect of the Tree and star as different components.

I did see the comment section in there but did not think that would have any impact to the location in SS as it was just comments and did spend any time looking at that. I will go and see if the comment section and the "KEY WORD's" you talk about is the key to sorting this out. Thanks for passing on your thoughts.

Ok, finally worked it out. Both Fixtures and Props can have comments with Key words but in V4 you have a superstar button so you don't need to use Key words although it looks like they are still in the mix inside the comment section. A fair bit of guess work here but looks like it is sorted out. Thanks

where did you want it to go?

This is where SS will place it without getting creative with keywords. Then again your using S4 so maybe there is an easier way.

In the prop comment section of the globe you will see SUPERSTAR MATRIX ROW=6 COLUMN=1 (or something). This is an example of keywords. There are also keywords in the comment section of the tree which places the grid on row 16, column 1.

personaly I don't see whats wrong with your 50 pixel star where it is but if you want it moved, Brian is the master at visualizer and SS. Maybe admin will move you thread to SS or get the attention of Brian

Actually in S4, please don't use the 'Comments' for superstar keywords as that has been deprecated in favor of actual parameters on the fixture/prop.  Press the 'Superstar' button to see them in the properties box.