Light-O-Rama Forums

xDongle by Seasonal Entertainment

Clyde Dearing

I'm running LOR 4.1.2 on an old HP desktop running Windows XP.  I plugged the xDongle into the USB port and it seems to be working.  I have the red power light and the green LED is flashing about 1 or 2 flashes a second.  I can open the LOR control panel and the listening port is open.  The problem is when I open LOR Sequence Editor.  I go to Edit, Preferences, Network Preferences and the xDongle does not show up under Adapters.  All I have a choice of is "None". 

I checked the device manager and the xDongle is on com 6 and is enabled. 

Any ideas???

I did. NONE is the only option. I tried the xdongle on my computer room desktop which had Windows 7 and it works perfectly. I started trying different drivers for use on the XP machine but none have worked. The driver that seems to make the xdongle happy on XP is 2.8.30. Unfortunately LOR doesn't see it. I called Seasonal Entertainment and left a message. Maybe they know what driver will be good with XP.

Got it!

I uninstalled the xDongle driver and let Windows XP automatically install it.  It again installed 2.8.30.  I then closed everything about LOR and then uninstalled LOR.  I reinstalled LOR, opened the control panel, opened the sequence editor and WALAAAA!  My adapter showed up!

I'm not sure what the issue was but it's working now.  I test fired my DMX fire machines and they worked perfectly.  NICE!

This Halloween just got a lot HOTTER!!!!

Thanks!

• The topic was locked