Light-O-Rama Forums

First matrix attempt looks terrible....please help

jamills706

Well...maybe Ineed more help...

I went back to the network and it is on Com1@57.6 so I set it to Com3@500, saved and exited. Now nothing works! Went in again and it is back to Com1@57.6!!!! Seems it won't save my settings.

You should not have changed Comm ports - only the speed.

If I'm understanding correctly, I believe you want to change the speed of COM1 to 500k, not COM3.  (what k6ccc said lol)  

FWIW - I had a similar problem with 8 CCP controllers.  I changed the speed to 500k and it made a HUGE difference and will be acceptable for my Halloween display.   I do think I'm pushing the boundaries however....  For Christmas I'm going to get another adapter and expand to a 2nd network.

Edited by tmeyermn

Got it!!!!!!! I reset the computer back to 9600 baud. And upped the LOR software to 500k. Works good now. Still need to get the red connectors to insure I have full throughput - and can split to two networks when I add to the display size.

Thanks to EVERYONE for all of the help and suggestions!!!!!!!!!

By the way, for some reason my computer sends the USB data on Com3....which is working. So I don't think I will fiddle around with it! LOL

That great news. Putting half on a second network should relieve any lagging you are still experiencing. Since you will need another adapter you might as well get 2 rad adapts and your black can be back up.

I don't use a computer to run the show......well not yet anyways. However I ran a 12 ccrs Matrix, 6 reg. controllers, & 4 ccp controllers off of my Gn 3 MP3 Director unit for 2 yeard. I ran the 12 ccrs & the 4 ccp controllers at 500 k speed.

I said that to say if you pm me your email address I can send you a few of my 12 ccr Matrix sequences that I made your way. You will need to buy the mp3's though. It is up to you.

Edited by lightzilla

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe we can get the LOR team to draw up some A-typical setups to show multi-network setups graphically. If you do, please add some specification notes such as USB red/black speeds, com ports, Ethernet cabling, and network loads.....

• Like 1

I sure hope those 12 ccr Matrix sequences help you out. I also send along an 12 ccr Matrix lms sequence your way (because I can't find the actual Superstar sup) to a song called "Christmas Time Gladness" .....my Twitter friend Marcie Joy sends me the Christmas songs she makes. I gave you the link to the song where you can get it.

Have fun.

Thanks a lot!

You are welcome. If you want to dedicate a song to anyone as a Christmas gift (I do that for my wife's birthday each December) I can send you the SS sup & all you need to do is change the name out at the start & you should be good to go. Would be a great surprise.  It is up to you.

• The topic was locked