Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting show dates

Daneisenberg

Simple Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Your show will start and end at the times you configured in the Schedule Editor. If you are using the Weekly Calendar view, then your shows will run anytime a) the shows are enabled and B) when you have the scheduled to run. Thus if you have everything set up 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, all connected to your computer, program using the weekly view and enable shows, then they would start running when scheduled.

2 ways to avoid them coming on ahead of time. The easy way, don't enable shows/connect to your computer. The hard way, program every day via the calendar view. I choose the easy way, personally.

I'm a big fan of simple timers for everything you can find for them to do. Tune to sign, transmitter, amplified speakers, etc.

I'm a big fan of simple timers for everything you can find for them to do. Tune to sign, transmitter, amplified speakers, etc.

That's what I use for those items.

The controllers stay powered up 24/7.

Same here. Unless thunderstorms are coming. Then I shut it all down and disconnect cat 5 cables coming to the computer and unplug the main power cables to the controllers. Basically disconnecting connections from the outside to the inside. 

I agree. Year before last, I took a lightning strike and didn't know it. I found it last season when I went to put up one of the two megatrees. 1/16th inch steel support cable had been cooked off. No clue why I didn't see it when it was being taken down the year before. For still unknown but grateful reasons, it didn't cook anything else. Guess I should have purchased a lottery ticket!