Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween

chewy79

Hello brand new to this....i have a little light system now that is just a box of set music and i plug all the lights into it.  Its alright but i would love to take it to another level.  I love the singing faces and would like to do a couple of those and incorporate the strings of lights i have already.  Any thoughts of best  without going way overboard?  My wife is always on me i spend too much at halloween...LOL 

Any help would be great i just need help what to get and what to do

thank you everyone

yeah, i had the show box last year. took the plunge this year. Bought the 16 channel starter from WOW..  Haven't got toplay with it.. out of town.. i'll be testing it this weekend.

deweyii any way i could send you a picture of my house and get some ideas of what i need/want to do?  thank you so much for the help.  I own a two story home and kinda want to put a singing pumpkin face or something upstairs and then the rest of the lights and stuff around and downstairs.  But i can show you and tell me what your think

deweyii any way i could send you a picture of my house and get some ideas of what i need/want to do?  thank you so much for the help.  I own a two story home and kinda want to put a singing pumpkin face or something upstairs and then the rest of the lights and stuff around and downstairs.  But i can show you and tell me what your think

you can if you want.. but I'm still new at this also.. The best thing I can suggest is look at youtube and look at a lot of videos of houses that kinda fit your ideas. 

If you need help with RGB pixels I can help you as I have outlined my house in the past and will be doing it again for this halloween.

• Like 1

Last season was my first with LoR and I started wtih 2 AC controllers to run 4 faces.  Ised my existing incandescent strings to do some outlining around the garage and porch.  I  had 7 channels faces so  had a few extra channels for the strings.  Didn't get too fancy with the outline strings but somehting that went along with the beat of the music.   I thought it gave me a very nice start to a LOR setup.  Allowed me to learn while not going overboard. IMO, going smart pixels/strips right away for newbies is maybe asking for headaches.

So for cost and simplicity, you could go with 1 AC controler for 2 faces and if you don't do face outline channels, would have several channels for the strings.

This year, I'm expanding by adding 3 cmb24d's and exchanging the incandescent strings with RGB strips floods and modules.  So you can definately start small, but still have a nice impact and then be able to start expanding the following years.

like Mpageler said, i also started last year, but bought 1 controler, was able to make 3 singing monster faces, each with 5 channels, made all the sign with incandescent mini lights. is a nice start to go in slowly and build ever year, going for another controller this year and another face will see what else gets added still got time left.

I have a very low budget set up. I have a small house and started putting this together in 2013.

I run 4 singing faces using 2 16 channel AC LOR controllers,

an additional 16 channel AC LOR controller for the tombstones, spider webs and pumpkin garden.

1 CMB 24 DC LOR controller controls 8 RGB channels on the house walls and windows,

and 4 Cosmic color pixels sets on the roof line.

Pretty simple and affordable. 

It's a small set up with a lot spunk. 

here is how the Halloween converts to christmas. just a few element changes and Santa is in the house.

here is what 2013 looked like only 3 LOR 16 channel controllers you could do this with 1 contoller if you only had one singing face