Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing pumpkin help!

Bobster 40

Excellent information! I have not run a show in 5 years .I sorta over did it and burned myself out.The last year I did it we had a ice storm and it was the first year for the huge mega tree with LEDs .The weight of the ice was pulling everything down.I noticed around christmas the LEDs started doing a weird flicker thing on the mega tree when it was spinning.I am not sure if water was playing a factor or the LEDs I had did not like the constant off and on? The rope lights you mentioned Sax can they handle all the effects? And did you order the extra plugs from them?

Thank you guys so much for all your help

I did not order their plugs. Might of been easier but I made my own.

All effects work. Dim, flash, etc.

I use their orange, yellow, cool white and green rope. I have seperate faces for Halloween and Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

you can use a projector, a coloring book... make your own outlines on some core... available at lowes / home depot etc. Measure and set mini lights at about 1/2 to 3/4 along your outlines. Mouths can also be projected onto your diagram so you can get the outlines for them. 

I used a cloth tape measure my wife had for sewing to see how long my lines were and to mark where I wanted to put a hole in the coro for my light, I used a drill and a round pencil type soldering pencil to make the holes with. Practice on some scrap coro to get the hang of making the holes if using mini lights.

I got like 10 full size sheets of coroplast from home depot for just over 100 bucks. Plenty enough for me to make mu complete manger scene, some other props etc. 

Thanks for all the help guys! I have my singing face up and running.I have Thriller almost done wish I had other songs but I guess this will do.

Email Address?