Light-O-Rama Summer Sale Announcement! Read more... ×
Light-O-Rama Forums
Softball Shawn

Layering of effects

6 hours ago, Ed K said:

A suggested minor improvement:   I'd like to see every fifth line in the SS sequencing grid highlighted, in addition to the tic marks Brain now puts on the left and right side for every five lines.  This would make it easier to locate an exact pixel in a prop.

This would be a Godsend!  Please, Please, Please

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

This would be a Godsend!  Please, Please, Please

+1+1+1

Brian

Any Luck getting the Layer priority yet this year?

There will be no more releases of the software this year. From here to the end of the year I mainly work work on sequences and customer support. 

I do want to get layering in. It is the next major feature that I plan on working on next year.

You can layer white lights over a 100% red, blue, or a green "scene".    E.g., I have white snow flakes falling down my mini trees that are set to 100% red.

But, agree, true layering will be a great enhancement to SuperStar.

Currently there is not. Next year I plan to put that in.

The layering will not happen until next year.

Posted yesterday at 03:15 AM · Report post

I do want to get layering in. It is the next major feature that I plan on working on next year.

I'm going to start mailing you a cat turd every day until you get layering in...

4 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Not sure what to say to that one!

It's great fertilizer - your roses will love it.

So say thank you!  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Softball Shawn said:

I'm going to start mailing you a cat turd every day until you get layering in...

Can you please specify what breed of cat. I might be interested myself.

So it is not possible still for me to take a CCR and have it solid green with a red chase pattern? Right now when i try this the chase is yellow because of the color mix. Is there any other way to do this?

thanks!

On 9/13/2016 at 7:32 PM, Santas Helper said:

Can you please specify what breed of cat. I might be interested myself.

Maybe he means Kopi Luwak coffee. Finest kind!

1 hour ago, brichi said:

So it is not possible still for me to take a CCR and have it solid green with a red chase pattern? Right now when i try this the chase is yellow because of the color mix. Is there any other way to do this?

thanks!

You're correct:  you can't move red chase across green and keep it red.  

Here's what I do to get the same effect.  I create an image, using SuperStar's Image function, that is one column (my CCRs are each in a single vertical column).  The image has alternating green and red cells.  In my case, I have five cells that are green (cell in the sequencing grid is one CCR pixel), five that are red, five green, etc.  Then, using the image effect, I move the image across the CCR.

12 hours ago, brichi said:

That's a pretty easy effect to create manually using the SE.  Are you sure you can't do it with SS?

I create the effect in SE but the colors mix, I don't have the full license for SS to try, I have tried it in PE and it works if i do a chasing red on left and then bring in green slightly on right side to mix, it doesn't change the red to yellow as much

Currently color priority in layers is not supported in SuperStar. Next year the first thing I have to work on is better integration of superstar with the Sequence Editor so you don't need to do copy/paste. The next thing after that will be to support layering of effects.

3 hours ago, brichi said:

I create the effect in SE but the colors mix...

Then we're definitely doing something different.  I don't have colors mixing when I do color-in-color chases unless I want them to do that.

I'm not sure exactly why, but the old-school in me finds satisfaction in being easily able to accomplish something so simple using the SE, while the much-vaunted pixel sequencers can't do the same thing.

• Like 1

so George, how would you do a full on red ribbon with a green chase running through it?

11 minutes ago, brichi said:

so George, how would you do a full on red ribbon with a green chase running through it?

Turn cells OFF in the time range that you want the chase to occupy.  Then create your green chase using one hundredth of a second (or any length of time for that matter) of red on each side of the green.  You'll have RGR with no gap in between, the green being the size of the green slice you want chasing through the red.  Then simply use the fill tool on that same area.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

I do it in my show using SS and an image which I moved across my arches. Worked just fine and was super easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can also do it in SuperStar with a series of three morphs.  For example:

Morph 1:  Time 1.00 - 3.00, Head length 0, tail 2.0, colors100/0/0 for all four entries

Morph 2:  Time 3.00 - 5.00, Head length 0, tail 0.5, colors0/100/0 for all four entries

Morph 3:  Time 3.50 - 5.50, Head length 0, tail 2.0, colors100/0/0 for all four entries

This will create a red morph with a green bar moving across it.  You of course can edit the times and / or add scenes in front or after the morphs for an extended red.

• Like 1