Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR AC Controllers not recognizing DMX...

bbrescia

Sorry if this has been asked before - no time to go through all the threads...

I have 4 LOR AC controllers I wish to use in DMX mode with the LOR dongle. The 4 LOR AC controllers show up fine in LOR Hardware Utility and control the light strings correctly BUT only in LOR Hardware Utility. In my sequence, only the first 2 controllers respond, while LOR AC controllers 3 and 4 have no response at all.

The sequence has the channel devices configured as "DMX Universe" and the channels sequentially numbered. For example, LOR AC Controller Unit 1 has DMX channels 1-16, LOR AC controller has DMX channels 17-32, etc.

My network preferences in LOR lists COMM3 at 57.6K and shows the LOR dongle for Universe 1.

If you use your lor controllers in the dmx mode the unit I'ds have to be converted to dmx I'd'S controller 1 is 1. Controller 2. Will be dmx address #17. Controller 3 in dmx will be#33 id controller 4 will be dmx #49.

Check all the controllers for what firmware is running on these controllers in DMX firmware needs to be 4.20 or higher. You should also try using a DMX dongle not the lor USB 485

• Like 1

Hi Dennis - yes, I placed them in DMX in network prefs - it recognized the LOR 485 dongle. Right now I don't have another DMX dongle to test with. These are Gen 3 controllers so the latest firmware is 1.08.  Bob

• The topic was locked