Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't pause during sequencing .....

Texan78

I have been looking and reading about this, is it to my understanding that you can not pause during sequencing? I have the demo I have been playing with until I get my units in the spring. I notice it has a pause button but you can not pause in the middle of a song so you can make adjustments or add an event at a certain part of the song or drag a marker to a certian part to play from there? Is this available or just not with the demo? I would hope it is available because this would make sequencing a cake walk and it is a commonly used technique with other major video and music editing software. Also what is the pause button used for if it can not be used.

-Thanks

The Pause Button was not implemented and that is a long story..

The Play Visable Screen works pretty good when seqencing. The screen is usually a small number of seconds long. Play a screen, page ahead, play a screen...

The pause will be implemented soon.

"The Play Visable Screen" is this something that is part of the demo? If so can you tell me how to access this?

I really hope to see this in the future. I know my other DMX light programs as well as my Music programs such as Soundforge and Acid use a really nice pause feature where you can set play markers. If you haven't seen this before check them out. It would be something really nice to see implemented into LOR. It would make sequencing so much easier so you could really home in on a certain beat and mark an event. It would probably cut sequencing time in half and make show look probably alot better because you can be so precise.

To play the visible screen, just click Play, Play Range, Visible Screen. Piece of cake. That's how I edit ALL of my sequences... a couple seconds at a time, working on one or two display elements (mini trees and wreaths, mega tree one and mega tree 2, porch posts and roof outlines, you get the idea) all the way through the song. Then, I start at the beginning of the song again, working on the next couple of elements.

BTW, welcome to the club.

D.T.

Thanks, I was able to find Visible Screen option. I can see where that would be helpful once you get your events set and are deep in a song. It doesn't really help much to track events though. I know about the taps but that is kind of a worthless feature if you don't know a certain song so it is kind of hard to edit those events if you don't have a pause button and be able to set a play from marker.

Texan78 wrote:

I know about the taps but that is kind of a worthless feature if you don't know a certain song so it is kind of hard to edit those events if you don't have a pause button and be able to set a play from marker.

My formula, with LOR II:

• Create a new sequence with .05 sec timings.
  • If I'm not familiar with the song, listen to it several times and just get a feel for what I want to tap.
  • Duplicate track. Use tapper and tap out the events I want in the second track. Go back and adjust any events I mis-tapped manually (by dragging, usually).
  • Duplicate track again. Use beat wizard to generate me a track with the primary beat of the song.
  • (optional): Duplicate track again. Use VU wizard, or tapper wizard to generate additional, different timings.
  • Then, I go through and sequence. Depending on what I want for a given set of lights and a given part of the song, I go to whichever track is most convenient.

Tracks are really, really cool...

-Tim