Light-O-Rama Forums
ehgilman

Reverted back to win7 Pro from windw 10

This is why my Show computer has never been connected to the internet, using XP Pro and have absolutely no problems at all... Have Win - 10 on my work computer, and I hate it, guess I'm just gettin too old....   Good luck....

I had the same problem installing S4 onto windows 7. Every time I tried to run the program it would attempt to reinstall S4 and the required temp msi install file was no longer present. It turns out my antivirus software (bitdefender) had quarantined the file "\Light-O-Rama\ServoDogUtility.exe". Once I restored this file and put it on the exclusions list in bitdefender, the S4 software worked correctly. This may explain why you had one file still in use (ie quarantined) that you could not delete.

It seems to me that every time someone has a problem with their antivirus the name BitDefender comes up.

It seems to me that every time someone has a problem with their antivirus the name BitDefender comes up.

I agree...same thing, hearing the same AV software causing problems

My show computer hasn't had internet access for a week now and the antivirus software is turned off (not BitDefender). It is now banned from the internet until after I take the lights down. I have about 20 computers between my business and home that I've built myself. I do all the maintenance and I use the same antivirus on all of them. So far it's held up to everything that my employees can throw at it. This doesn't include what they do to the POS (Point of sale).

Edited by Ebuechner

During my show, I always shut off the AV software or rather, disable its main functions. I also physically disconnect from the internet feed.