Light-O-Rama Forums

A whole new display this year...Five Nights at Freddy's

marsh28

I've been animating lights for Halloween for 4 years now.  In the past, I've always done a Haunted House theme with a coffin, tombstones, boarded windows, etc.  Last year, I added a bunch of 2811 IC pixels and other goodies.  However, I realized that given the small size of my yard, I really didn't have much room for expansion.  As such...I'm completely changing everything and basing my show around the popular mobile/steam video game Five Nights at Freddy's.  The games (there are 4 of them now) are all simple and are basically survival games where you have to stop walking, animatronic Chuck e Cheez-type characters from attacking you.  Initially, I was going to do a light Five Nights at Freddy's theme and replace the tombstones with the heads of the various animatronics.  However, after I got a few done, I decided to go ahead and build the rest of the bodies.  Below are two of the four characters I've made so far.  In order to make them "glow" I've sprayed the with UV reactive paint and they will be lit with some very cool 5050 UV LED light strips I found on Ebay.  Times a tickin' as I only made the decision to change my display about three weeks ago.  However, my hope is to have everything up and running by the middle of October....

post-7240-0-42785400-1441389305_thumb.jp post-7240-0-41014400-1441389345_thumb.jp

Awesome.  I could never get into the game....  For those visitors that don't know about it, they are still in for a scare.  For those that do they'll have the feeling of 'insider knowledge' :D

• Like 1

Those props are cool and the projection was a nice touch.........great idea!  The wife likes the song "It's Me".  Just got done sequencing it to the Wowlights 16CH Halloween package along with some pixels added to it.  Just might have to check out the video game.

Cool and very creepy looking props.  Nice comparison on the UV lighting too.   Huge difference there!  Someone may just be so scared they might need to change their underwear! ROFLMAO

"It's Me" is actually the song I'm doing....

I finished up the sequensing to It's Me for my singing pumpkins a few weeks back. My kids turned me on to that song. I watch them play the game all the time. Your animation props are awesome and the projection is perfect. Great job can't wait to see the finished show vids. 

I finished up the sequensing to It's Me for my singing pumpkins a few weeks back. My kids turned me on to that song. I watch them play the game all the time. Your animation props are awesome and the projection is perfect. Great job can't wait to see the finished show vids. 

Actually your post in another Halloween thread with the two videos got us interested in the song.

• Like 1

I thought you fell off the earth because i never heard back from you on those sequences and you havnt been on here in like a year lol

I thought you fell off the earth because i never heard back from you on those sequences and you havnt been on here in like a year lol

I had some life issues and other things happen. I had high hopes of doing a lot this year including a web page for special order sequences and so far it's NOT been materializing. I would normally do over 50 new singing faces sequences a year but so far I have done 2. I wanted to do a 36 x 36 pixel matrix and incorporate  singing animation in it. That's not happening. just not my year. I'm hoping things are better for 2016. Anyways. I still love this crazy stuff we do and marsh28 did an awesome job on those props. Be well all.

I had some life issues and other things happen. I had high hopes of doing a lot this year including a web page for special order sequences and so far it's NOT been materializing. I would normally do over 50 new singing faces sequences a year but so far I have done 2. I wanted to do a 36 x 36 pixel matrix and incorporate singing animation in it. That's not happening. just not my year. I'm hoping things are better for 2016. Anyways. I still love this crazy stuff we do and marsh28 did an awesome job on those props. Be well all.

I was actually commenting to marsh28. But i did notice you were mia a bit too, im sure you'll get everything worked out, i had planned on adding pixels this year but it dosnt look like thats going to happen either.

I was actually commenting to marsh28. But i did notice you were mia a bit too, im sure you'll get everything worked out, i had planned on adding pixels this year but it dosnt look like thats going to happen either.

lol....your comment seemed to fit me. I'm from the it's all about me generation. Ha ha

So...I really apologize about not being on here.  This has been a VERY interesting year for me, on the business side (and ALOT of it not so good, although its getting better).  I promise to send sequences to all those who have pm'd me.  I haven't really had time to think about my show, or what I was even going to do, until maybe three weeks ago.

• Like 1

Thanks James.  I think I sent everyone my sequences who wanted them.  Give me a shout if you didn't receive them.

Thanks James. I think I sent everyone my sequences who wanted them. Give me a shout if you didn't receive them.

I didnt receive them.

Nltownsend843 at g mail dot com, please, they will be GREATLY appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another character I'm working on.  He's over 7 feet tall.  To finish him, I'll add paper mache, a waterproofing coat, primer, and paint.

post-7240-0-51324100-1442946328_thumb.jp

• Like 1