Light-O-Rama Forums

Megatree Sequence

jdmellem

Hi all,

Had my first LOR show last year and it went great (1 16 channel residential controller)! I am (attempting to) step up my game this year and bought 2 new LOR controllers (Residential), for a total of 3 now...and a whole bunch more lights :-). 

My biggest addition this year will be my Mega Tree. My current plan is to have 16 straight strands and 16 sprial strands, all into 1 controller...however, suggestions, comments, ideas, etc. are appreciated!

Can anybody help me with sequencing? Just a few megatree sequences would be great! I have not done ANY sequencing on my own, and not sure if I could pull that off....

Not sure if my idea will work or not, but hoping I can get some help from the forum!

Thanks

Jake

Minnesnowta

If your MT is fairly tall you may want to consider using 32 strings with two per channel of control. The key thing is how you work you fades from channel to channel. I personally like to always have one fading out into a full to make a smooth rotation. Send me your email address and I can send you a couple of sequences.

Megatree sequencing is actually easy using the "Chase Tool". Please give it a try as its easier than you think and the results are good. My megatrees, I'm doing 16 CW and 16 CCW on each one and the chase tool is the only way to run them. As a suggestion, rather than just on/off commands in a chase, try on-fade off over a second. This will create a soft flowing around the tree. If you are changing colors of strings, a bit more complex but still fairly easy.

• Like 1

Generally, too much difference in MT's from one person to another, that it would be had to use "shared" sequences.  Not w/o some degree of tweaking.

Not unless you do a 12 or 16 CCR/CCB megatree  where you can purchased a number of sequences.

My biggest addition this year will be my Mega Tree. My current plan is to have 16 straight strands and 16 sprial strands, all into 1 controller...however, suggestions, comments, ideas, etc. are appreciated!

Thanks

Jake

Minnesnowta

I hope your not planning to using a straight strand and spiral strand on the same channel. IMO, it needs to be one or the other, not both at the same time if they are using the same channel from the controller. The straight strand will kill the spiral effect (and vise versa) if you do.

If you can only have one controller for the mega tree, I would go 8 channels for straight, 8 channels for spiral if you plan to use both designs. Or 16 channels for straight only OR 16 channels for spiral only.

And as mentioned earlier, double up or triple up the strands per channel (depending on the height of the tree) for a fuller look.

Edited by Santas Helper

I completely agree with Santas Helper on that. Megatrees are channel eaters. For a good effect, spirals are the best and I'm hearing that blue spiraled MT's look the best overall. 16 spiraled string MT's will look ok if not too tall. Taller MT's need more lights therefore more channels. Personally I'm doing two 32 channel trees and they look good but since I couldn't decide on a color at the time, I went with Multis.