Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing color

David Spangler

Is there a easy fast way to change color on an existing sequence in the sequence editor on something that is sequenced for pixels? Or is the slow painful way the only way?

Thanks Bob, it worked on some of the changes I wanted. There are others that I was hoping to change to a completely different color like red to green, or blue, etc. Maybe there will be something in the future where you could hylite an area and change all the blocks that are turned on to a different color.

Have a Great day.

Dave

I just successfully changed a Mini tree chase from yellow to red using the "Change Intensities" tool.

Here are the steps

1. Enclose the effect by left click and drag
  2. right click in the box
  3. select "Change Intensities" and then "Detailed"
  4. Set the color you want to remove (In my case I selected the "RGB Green" and took the check marks out of the other boxes. The effect was 80% Red and 80% Green)
  5. I set the RGB Green to 0%, selected "Apply" and the entire chase changed to red.

You'll need to know which colors make up the original effect, but it is possible to do specific effects and/or, multiple effects.

Thanks Bob, it worked on some of the changes I wanted. There are others that I was hoping to change to a completely different color like red to green, or blue, etc. Maybe there will be something in the future where you could hylite an area and change all the blocks that are turned on to a different color.

Have a Great day.

Dave

I did however find, once it's changed, it can't be changed back unless you have "Undo" still active. So I suppose you'll need to be sure of the color you want to change to.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ron, I followed your instructions and it did work great. Bob was right I just wasn't able to figure it out. Thank you both. Have a great night.