Light-O-Rama Forums

new to the lightorama family !

bostonchris81

Each of your songs should have the same channel arrangement.   When the source mouth channels are different,  you can slide them around to match yours first.  Then copy from source to your seq. 

Ok so the already made sequences that I have downloaded already are complete with music file and mouth movements , so what your saying I can do is change the channels on the sequences say make the mouth movements all channels 1-5 and whatever was already in 1-5 change to the what were the original mouth channels ? Does the way I explained this make sense ?lol

so what your saying I can do is change the channels on the sequences say make the mouth movements all channels 1-5 and whatever was already in 1-5 change to the what were the original mouth channels ?

You can drag channels around in your sequence to put them in any order you want. If thats what your asking.

OR

You can change the address of those channels 

Boston... check out Bobs videos...

he is a great help for most of us starting out here and has some really outstanding videos that will help you.

Edited by Old Sarge

Sarge First off thank you very much for all of the information and files that you sent me today ! LOTS of great stuff!!!

I am going to check out  bobs videos for sure !

I do have one question for you though !

when I download sequences from you or someone else how to I get the sequence to link up with the audio files with out it giving me an error message saying it can't find the file for the audio even though I definatley do have it because it came with the sequence . Its al most like it is not in the same folder as it was on your pc so it cant find it .I've been trying to figure it out but my computer just laughs at me .

Chris, inside the Sequence Editor, under the Edit pull down menu, is where you assign the Media file. The path to your Audio folder on your machine just needs to get reset for that sequence/song combo. This is assuming that you put the audio file in the Audio folder. Save the sequence and you are good to go.

as z man said Chris, some music you have may not be timed right with a shared sequence... some edit their music to make it a little shorter or a little longer etc. but like z man said. click edit then on media file select your music file... save it if you want to or you will have to reselect the music/ media file each time you want to use it.

I have more then one file... some I use all the time or that i have a seq made for it in one folder and then things I have edited or am playing with or that I get as a share from someone with a shared sequence i  keep in a different one... you just have to decide and find what works best for you when it comes to how to and where to save things...

I do not save everything in the same folder in case I decide I dont want to use it etc. especially things sent to me... and always... I repeat ALWAYS SCAN THINGS YOU ARE SENT... No Matter remember its the INTERNET,,, SCAN THINGS TO BE ON THE SAFER SIDE..

a few seconds or minutes waiting for something to scan is a lot better then a few days or hours trying to get something you dont want off your system..

I hope the Face and mouth positions and sketchs I sent to you helps you .. I was asking the same things a few months ago...lol

Edited by Old Sarge

Welcome to the great forum and hobby!!!

One thing I will suggest as you get in and start messing with sequences...

CREATE A BACKUP FOR YOUR SEQUENCES AND SAVE SEQUENCES AS YOU ARE WORKING THEM!!!

SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!!!

We have heard of too many horror stories of folks losing their sequences (during and after working on them) because of a crash.

Say if I had 3 different "thriller" Halloween sequences is there away to copy and paste certain channels to a new sequence file ?? Just to piece together the parts I want since I am only limited to 16 channels as of now . And also if you were going to make a second purchase would you buy a 2nd 16 channel add on or the show time so I don't have to worry about how I'm going to run a cat5 cable into my house to my laptop ?i really would like more channels and show time just don't have the 500 to dish out just yet , any suggestions ??

Thanks again everyone , you have all been a great help so far !! :)

Edited by bostonchris81

You don't have to.

Just select the portions you want to copy & paste them into a sequence where you want them. Remember that when you paste into a sequence it will start from the uppermost left cell of what you copied. If it's just a single row then the left most cell of your selection is where the paste will start.  

everyone here has been so helpful !

Thank again guys !

Just ordered my CZH-05B today.

before christmas I would like to buy a add on 16 channel and maybe the mini director , any thoughts ???

The reason for the director is because I can't think of a easy way to run the cat5 to my laptop when it snows out .im trying to think of the most cost effective way to get more channels and show controller.

Edited by bostonchris81

I use ELL's to get to the AC and DC controllers therefore no wires from the computer. My house isn't set up for an easy way to do it. Also, for my pixel node controllers, I use a "N" wireless bridge and matching wireless router. 

Ditto on the ELLs, I use 6-7 each year depending on my layout. I think you have more control with a computer in the loop, remote access etc....

I have not tried a wireless bridge/router. I know some of the guys on DIYC use the Kombi There seems to be 2 opinions about wireless E1.31.

I'd be more curious about that set up.

I have used the miniDirector for 3 years now. What I did was wire a 2-pole 40 amp breaker from my main panel to a 40 amp time clock. The time clock then feeds my sub-panel. Being that I'm 95% LED, don't really need the 40 amps, but always plan for future.... I installed (9) 20 amp breakers in the sub-panel that are feeding (9) GFCI receptacles on separate circuits under my eaves. I even ran some of the circuits to the backyard to control the Minnie and Mickey inflatables for my granddaughter. During the season, the show comes on whether I'm home or not, thanks to the miniDirector on my sound board - the 2nd picture. (My wife didn't really like it going over our front door - but she deals with it as I have her help pick out songs - then "it's her show too"...) By utilizing the time clock to run the sub-panel, in the off-season it runs my landscape lighting and (2) 50watt LOR RGB floodlights on my flagpole. However you set it up, think about the future shows. Just because you have (1) 16 channel controller and might buy a second one doesn't mean you will stop there.

Good luck,
- Daniel

TIMER_zpse4940242.jpgshowboard_zps9d80ce80.png

Ditto on the ELLs, I use 6-7 each year depending on my layout. I think you have more control with a computer in the loop, remote access etc....

I have not tried a wireless bridge/router. I know some of the guys on DIYC use the Kombi There seems to be 2 opinions about wireless E1.31.

I'd be more curious about that set up.

I used the wireless bridge to router last year with only one issue. Someone in a car, was trying to hack into it which slowed it down a couple of times, one brief time only. Once whomever was gone, it was nice and normal. They couldn't gain access due to being passworded but the devices are communicated with regardless. I happened to be outside when I saw it happen. Never happened again and it worked perfectly.