Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 4 Win 10 File Open Dialog

BillyT

Installed 4.1.2 over the weekend on a Win 10 machine. Strangely, the file open dialog doesn't open. Took me quite a while before I realized what the problem actually was. None of the buttons etc on the menu bar can be accessed (because the dialog is open somewhere). If I mimic with the keyboard what I would do in the dialog, it will open a file, but I can't see anything that this dialog would normally contain. Opening the program by selecting a file in windows explorer does work, but this isn't the best option. Any thoughts?

Regards,

BillyT

It's probably NOT a windows 10 thing.  Did you have 2 monitors at one time connected to this computer, and now only have one?

The window is probably 'off screen'.  Try some of the keyboard shortcuts here to move the window back:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sebastianklenk/archive/2015/05/28/windows-10-keyboard-shortcuts-at-a-glance.aspx

Are you running multiple monitors - or does your computer think you are running more monitors than you actually have?

My Windows7 computer at bootup thinks that the on-board video output is live rather than the outputs from the quad DVI card.  Part way through the bootup it realizes what is reality, but by default the on-board video is enabled.  Since I don't normally have a monitor on that output, it was confusing until I realized that the on-board video output was still turned on.

This computer has 4 monitors on it. 3 of them are setup in surround mode (1 long monitor) and the other is up above it. I was thinking it may have been a window thing because when I first brought up LOR, it opened on the single monitor. I got LOR to the large display by opening a file from explorer. I'll doink around with the shortcuts you referred to, as I'm sure the window is somewhere.

Same happened to me. I had used my second screen elsewhere, and that was the problem.

If I drag the file explorer window of the proper window or LOR one, it starts flickering and crashes (Desktop and open programs dissapear and all explorer or file related things close) I don't think it is LOR but annoying

I was able to see this window with the WINDOWS SHIFT LEFT arrow combination. I didn't see it at first, but the next time I went to file/open i got to it.