Light-O-Rama Forums

100 days to go!

k6ccc

I have just realized that there are (as I type this) 100 days, three and a half hours until lights up for Christmas.

I'm not ready!

Oh, I just realized I have one more hour because of the DST to Standard Time change - thank God! ;)

I sort of had that last year. All my show files are stored on a file server. Around early December the server started rebooting every couple days. As I already knew the server was on it's last legs, I had to copy all the files over to a new folder on the show computer and get LOR pointed to it. Then as a stopgap, had to load a mail server application onto the show computer to restore my primary E-Mail until I could replace the server.

I am ready to start the install this year. All props completed and tested, 95% of my sequences are ready to go. Plenty of vacation time left to install the show.

Jeff

• Like 1

I just retired aug 12 working 1/2 days trying to finish my halloween desplay it been to hot here in texas will start on my spiral tree putting lights on it running out of time fast

I hope you all well with your displays and myself this year at I'm new to all of this .so much to learn , and I also hope holiday coro has a fix for the alpha pix controller

This will be my first year. At the beginning of the year I thought I would have under 16 channels of lights that can only be on or off.

Now I am doing Halloween and Christmas, with 20 AC channels, 15 channels of DC, 24 channels of dumb RGB and hundreds of pixels.

• Like 1

This will be my first year. At the beginning of the year I thought I would have under 16 channels of lights that can only be on or off.

Now I am doing Halloween and Christmas, with 20 AC channels, 15 channels of DC, 24 channels of dumb RGB and hundreds of pixels.

Hook, line & sinker -- you are officially hooked!  Enjoy!!

tomsusie - Hook, line & sinker -- you are officially hooked! Enjoy!!

LOL...Along those lines. Did static displays for bout 12 years. Last year (2014) I had one 16 channel controller. This year (2015)- 64 AC channels, a 16 CCR tree, 12 circles of 50 pixel light strings (2 rows of 6 stacked), 4 singing Christmas tree faces, 9 LED strips cut down to 5 foot sections for a total of 27 - 5 foot strips for a spinner, and miscellaneous yard art and inflatables, projector, and laser lights. If the wifey only knew... I wouldn't be writing this right now.

Edited by BMurray

Got my controller in the mail today, I spent about an hour loading drivers, connecting components, and figuring out how it all works.  Then I loaded my preliminary show to see how it looks in the visualizer.  It comes in at 15 minutes, and other than a few timing tweaks in one song, I think it'll be a good inaugural effort for us.  YAY!

Tomorrow my husband is going to bring in one of our containers of lights so I can hook them up to the controller itself and see how the lights look as far as the sparkle and twinkle options, as well as the fade in and out.

Super excited!

• Like 2

Got my controller in the mail today, I spent about an hour loading drivers, connecting components, and figuring out how it all works.  Then I loaded my preliminary show to see how it looks in the visualizer.  It comes in at 15 minutes, and other than a few timing tweaks in one song, I think it'll be a good inaugural effort for us.  YAY!

Tomorrow my husband is going to bring in one of our containers of lights so I can hook them up to the controller itself and see how the lights look as far as the sparkle and twinkle options, as well as the fade in and out.

Super excited!

CONGRATULATIONS!  An exciting moment.  Have fun Jaynee!  If you're able, take a video of your home with your lights.  would love to see your show.

• The topic was locked