Light-O-Rama Forums

Migration Problems

JamesWright

First, a little background. I am setting up the Pixel Editor for the first time. To setup the Preview that I wanted to use, I imported the information from a Visualizer file for my previously setup files. I had no problem. And, of course, all of the props migrated to the new preview file. This worked without a problem (nice work). Next, I opened an already sequenced las file into the Pixel Editor. Everything seemed to work fine. It should be noted that this file had a number of props for DMX RGB lights in it. The first thing that I noticed was that the props listing on the left of the Pixel Editor contained ALL of the props that were imported from the Visualizer file. I found the secret to turning off the listing of all of the props that would be sequenced in the Sequencer. I then started the migration of the individual DMX RGB props to the Pixel Editor. I built a new prop in the Preview designer for - say - my mega tree. All went fine. Then I started the migration of sequence data from the las file to the Pixel Editor. Here is where I ran into my first issue. The import data window lists ALL of the props in the in the Preview File. And, by default, the program has selected ALL of the props on which to preform the data import. The problem is that I only want to import data for 1 prop, not all 54 props listed. And unfortunately, there is no way, that I can find, to de-select all of them at the same time. Therefore, I have to click on 53 selection boxes in order to only import the data for 1 prop. This same issue holds true for the Data Deletion part of the migration tools. With everything selected by default, it would be very easy to make a mistake and migrate or delete data from the las file by accident.

Finally, to my questions:

1. Is there any way to have the Pixel Editor ignore the props/channels that will be sequenced in the Sequence Editor (without deleting them from the preview)?

2. Is there any way to de-select all of the props, in both windows, all at once (as is done in the "Props" control on the left of the Pixel Editor.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

• Like 1