Light-O-Rama Forums
ebrown1972

Transmitter

I had that problem when I first connected mine...

I found out that by getting another speaker connection cable, I use the mini jack and setting it about 10 ft from my computer fixed the problem. It was probably picking up noise from my comp fan motors...  

I don't know but moving it father away fixed the buzz problem. I also reset the Gain knob.. the one on the left to almost at the 11 o'clock position (almost toward the screw in the top left corner... and turned my comp volume down to just below 1/2.

My yard is 2 1/2 acre and house on one end... I get a clear signal threw 8 walls to the back of my property

your CZE-05b does not have a RCA Jack type antenna... I forget what it is but it isnt a RCA.

Most likely it is a SMA connector, which tend to be used quite a bit these days.

The hum most get  comes from the poorly filtered power supplies (wall worts) many of the less expensive units use.

if you are using a choke, go with a common mode variety (the type the wire/cable is wound through and around the choke), as opposed to clamp on ferrites which don't offer the same isolation.

Separation from other electronics will also help.

Need help moving and fighting cancer and kidney. Losse I have forgot how to wire my edm-tx-led and misplaced th power supply can anyone tell me how to wire it and to get a power tranformer thank Walter

Need help moving and fighting cancer and kidney. Losse I have forgot how to wire my edm-tx-led and misplaced th power supply can anyone tell me how to wire it and to get a power tranformer thank Walter

I have the EDM-RDS. It runs off 12VDC/500ma. Plugs into it via the normal plug. I can't speak for yours as mine is self contained. Mine uses RC phono plugs for left/right audio inputs as well as an RCA phono plug for RF output to the antenna. It also has a serial connector on it, designed specially for an RS232 cable that EDM only supplies which is for the RDS data and programming.