Light-O-Rama Forums

Webhosting - Any interest?

Don

Is anyone out there looking for temporary web hosting for their upcoming Christmas display? As some of you know I have a web hosting as well, and would be willing offer a special deal to LOR forum users for their display web site.

The accounts would be temporary in nature. They will run from 9/1/15 to 02/29/16 and have a small one time fee associated with it. 

If anyone has any interest in this, please let me know. The availability of this offer will be determined by the interest shown. 

I will give Don a little commercial plug here.  When Don launched his service, he needed a couple of beta testers.  About the same time, my server died and I did not have the time or money to replace it right then.  I became his first beta tester.  There were a couple issues with the automated registration process, but they were resolved (hey, that's why you beta test).  After that, his service has worked flawlessly.

Highly recommended!

Jim - Thanks for the kind words. Truthfully, I forgot you were hosting on my platform.

Bob - Will get that to you tonight.

Primvip - If you wanted to register a domain name you could. However, I have several domains that you could have a sub-domain of.

Speaking of domains: The available subdomains that would be available during this time would be:

• tourmydisplay.com
  • visitmydisplay.com
  • mylights.christmas
  • mydisplay.christmas
  • hostedsite.link

Only hostedsite.link is currently slated to be available for the long term. The others would be designated for short term use, only.

Jim - Thanks for the kind words. Truthfully, I forgot you were hosting on my platform.

Bob - Will get that to you tonight.

Primvip - If you wanted to register a domain name you could. However, I have several domains that you could have a sub-domain of.

Speaking of domains: The available subdomains that would be available during this time would be:

• tourmydisplay.com
  • visitmydisplay.com
  • mylights.christmas
  • mydisplay.christmas
  • hostedsite.link

Only hostedsite.link is currently slated to be available for the long term. The others would be designated for short term use, only.

great, thanks for the info. I would be interested in one of your subdomains. Let me know if you do this and pricing. Could we get a demo or something of what to expect? thanks

I would also be interested, but it has been at least 15 years since I did a website and that was with the defunct Microsoft Frontpage.  Could you recommend relatively simple web page development software that I could use on your site?

I may hold a webinar on Sunday showing you how easy it is to install Wordpress and set up your own site. This will give many of you who may not have had a web site in a long time a chance to see what's new, etc.

That said, the platform has many different software packages that you can install. It does the work for you, all you have to do is give it some basic information. I'll go over that and more during the webinar. (Sorry, I'm booked until Sunday, though.) I'll have replays of it available so those who missed it can catch the replay.

I would also be interested, but it has been at least 15 years since I did a website and that was with the defunct Microsoft Frontpage.  Could you recommend relatively simple web page development software that I could use on your site?

I hand edit all of my sites with Notepad - been doing that for over 20 years.

OK, I'm a geek!

OK, I'm a geek!

You know, if you could explain the whole bootstrap thing to me, that'd be great. Got a pretty decent idea, but haven't had time to research and really wrap my brain around it.

OK, I'm a geek!

Me too!   All of MIIP and the content management is hand written notepad.  

Don  I think I want to switch to you but I will need to transition after the light season.

Just a subtle reminder ... Webinar on Sunday to go over the Wordpress install, and perhaps a bit of how Wordpress works, and how you can get your site up and running quickly.

Register: http://gowoa.me/i/bhF

Don, I clicked on the link and it gave me a Network Error. Not sure if it's from my end or not.